Sunday, November 17, 2013

While I haven't been blogging I have been taking care of my body.  I have lost 40 pounds since February.  My weight loss consists of a 1200 calorie diet and exercise.  Lots of exercise.  I love Leslie Sansome's walking workout cd's.  I usually will do the 4 BIG miles or the 5 miles boosted walking cd's 5 times a week.  So to reward myself for taking of 40 pounds this is what we did. 
rode horses on the beautiful Oregon coast
 
Marvin and I had neither rode horse for 45 years.....so needless to say we forgot how you feel after you ride.  We rode for 2 hours,
 

Here is a recent picture.
 
I have a lot of blogging to catch up and I will get to it as soon as I can.  A lot of exciting things happening with all my kids within a 2 to 5 hour drive. 
 
 


2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
Wow.......hon, you look great, and bet you are feeling even better.
What a fun thing to do....riding horses. I used to do that as a kid cause I had a friend who had one,
but he bucked me off, so that was the end of my horse riding until Scott was about a year old and we went camping with some friends and they had horses you could rent, well, mine wanted to eat and since we were told not to let them, he got made and kept trying to run thru the trees and knock me off, so I took him back........and that was my last time on a horse. 35 years ago now..........lol

Nice pic of your whole family.
Looks like yall are really enjoying having all your kids and grandies near by. We are in Asheville right now, but headed home soon, we have been here since Nov. 10th and have had a really good time with Dee, got to see Jerry a lil bit but he is away for 2 weeks getting training for his job, that is why we came now, cause Dee hardly knows anyone here yet, so thought it would be a pretty long and boring time for her.......and it was a great get away for us as well.............
and Anniversary trip sort of.
Well, take care hon
Blessings, Nellie

Sister Susie Says said...

Hello, Janet!
I am so proud of you! Congratulations on your weight loss!

I love animals! I have never ridden a horse before! They are so beautiful! Did yours let you hug him? It reminds me of the "old show" on tv of Mr. Ed!

Your family picture is great! I like the close up picture. My eyes aren't like they used to be, ha! Love to you all, Susan