Sunday, August 4, 2013

A fun weekend

Saturday night Marvin and had "date night".   We went to Sears and bought a new washer.  (our front loader) is in pretty bad shape.  I have never liked that washer from the beginning anyway.  We bought a top loading high efficacy washer. I can't wait to get it.  That was the start of the date well actually we had to stop and get gas in my SUV first it was almost 70.00.  I just hate the high gas prices. Next it was on Roadhouse steakhouse. 
 There he is my handsome hubby my date......He chose to have steak while I stayed within my diet and had a Salad with Mesquite chicken on the top.  The dressing was a yummy lemon dill.  We had an early meal since Marvin had worked all day.  I was able to get the house clean and run errands while he was gone. 

We were back home early and watched the new Gold Rush show in South America.  Perfect romantic date for me.....

Our Pastor was back this morning from his sabbatical.  During the first 2 weeks he was gone he took a group of people to Israel.  It is really expensive to go.  He said they may go again in 2 years.  We are really interested in going. 

I am getting excited this weekend as Marvin and our son Jeremy  are tearing out the carpet in the Master bedroom and putting in a Laminate wood floor.  I think it will help my allergies a lot.  We have real Oak floor throughout the rest of the house. 

Our grandkids have been enjoying the water and nice weather
Pictured is 5 year old Logan and 8 year old Emma tubing. 
 
6 year old Morgan and 9 year Kayla are posing as there new backyard pool is filling.  I didn't realize how deep it is.  The girls have both have had swimming lessons.  We will be up there in a few weeks and may decide to take a dip. 

 
Have a Blessed week!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Hi Janet!
Glad you and hubby had a fun date night. Sounds like a date we would have. It doesn't have to be some big elaborate plan to have a good time with the one you love.
Please share some pics of your new floor. I would love to get new flooring. Our carpet is starting to show its age.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I read all comments I get.
When I was a little girl we had an above ground pool, I loved it and so will your grands.
Hope your having a pleasant and blessed week.
Looking Up!
Ginger

Sister Susie Says said...

What a nice time you had! I need to get a dryer! I'm presently hanging things in the wash room to dry! It does by morning!

That was the best thing I did when I had all of my carpeting removed and the laminate flooring put in! It surely make easy for cleaning too!

Enjoy your trip and (swimming!)

It' good to be back. I now need to get back in my routine of things, ha! Love to you all, Susan