Sunday, June 9, 2013

So Happy Together


Our Communication journals have really helped Marvin and I grow spiritually and helped to write feelings, bible verses, memories or anything in the others journal each day.  We started these journal in January 2012.  It is amazing that sometimes we write something on the same subject.

Last Friday morning when I opened my journal Marvin's first words to me were "We're so happy together"and then he shared a bible verse with me from Timothy"So happy together".  I thought that was funny because I didn't think that the Message station on the satelitte would play that song .  As I backed out of the garage I was a little annoyed because I could not see the station on the screen when I was in reverse because the back camera comes on.  Anyway as I started driving I could see the song was "So Happy together" by the Turtles and it was on the thumb drive that Marvin has put several of our favorite songs on.  Then it finally dawned on me that Marvin set the whole thing up.  My smile that morning was so bright as I drove to worked and listened to the song 4 times.  What a sweet romantic guy I have. 


Marriage is a lot of work and it is little things that cost nothing that we do that mean the most to us.   Our communication journals have worked for us. 

5 comments:

Sister Susie Says said...

I think the saying, "Great minds think alike" should be changed to "Loving minds think alike!"

The only words I can remember of the Turtles song is "I think about you day and night, it's only right. To think about the girl I love and hold her tight, so happy together! I can see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life... That's all I remember, ha! I haven't heard or thought about that song in decades! I'm surprised I remembered that much, lol! All my best to you and yours, Susan

Ginger said...

How sweet. What a wonderful idea. I'm going to pick up a couple of journals for my hubby and I to begin writing.
Just love the pic, you look so happy together. Isn't a good marriage so satisfying? My best to you both.
Ginger

NanaNor's said...

Hi Janet, How incredibly sweet your hubby is; love the idea of a communication journal but can't even imagine my hubby to agreeing to that.
I so remember that song. When we celebrated 25 yrs, hubby made a video of all that we had done as marrieds, planned a trip to New England and also gave me a new ring. We celebrate 35 in 2 weeks so it will be interesting to see what we do; actually we are going on an Alaskan cruise in July so that should cover it.
Have a great day!
Noreen

The Bashful Nest said...

What a sweet thing to do for you! You both do look very happy together.

xoxo. Michelle. thebashfulnest.blogspot.com

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
what a sweet story, and what a sweet
hubby you have.........also what a great testimony you 2 are of a great
marriage with the Lord at the center.
Blessings abundant to you two, and
so glad yall are so happy together,
cause we are too!

Love that journaling idea,that is so cool, and think that is awesome that yall are doing that, a great
marriage builder. I remember you telling about that a long time ago, and thought it was a super idea, but forgot about it.
Am gonna try and remember an ask
hubby about it, but he really isn't into journaling,so not sure
if he would like it. I really enjoy
journaling myself, but difference strokes for different folks ya know!! lol

Love ya, Nellie