Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mothers Day Mom

I am so blessed to still have my mom.  Even though we live many miles apart we talk often and see  each other every couple of years. 
I thank you mom first for giving me life.  I thank you mom for every sacrifice that you had to make for me.  I thank you mom for sitting by my bed all those times I was so sick.  I thank you mom for pushing me to get outside and get some fresh air so it would make me feel better.  I thank you mom for leading me to the Lord. for taking us to Mass most Sundays and taking us to Catechism on Wednesday nights.  I thank you mom for all the meals you cooked and boy did you cook, every night at 6:00 she had a big supper on the table.  I thank you mom for the times you said  no me and grounded me for misbehaving.  I thank you mom for all the morals and values that you taught me..  I thank you mom for treating my husband with respect and loving him like your son.  I thank you mom for just being a phone call away, you listen and let me cry.  You will sometimes give me advice and other times you tell me I already know what to do.  Thank you for being you Mom.


 
I love you
Janet

2 comments:

Susan Todd said...

A beautiful sharing of love for your mom, Janet! I could not have said it better for my mom (if she were still here, but I'm sure she knows more now about my life than she ever did before!) Praise You, Jesus, that Your WORD says, "To be absent from the body is to be present with the LORD!" (II Cor. 5:9) I pray your special blessings, LORD, on all of the moms in our families!
Love to you and yours, Susan

Jennifer Richard said...

Nice sharing of your experience related to your mom. Amazing thing.