Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday

 
 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Hebrews 13:8 
 
 
I am thankful for our bible study that is continuing on the book "The Story"  Randy Frazee does a good job helping us understand the chapters with the DVDS that are with each chapter.  We love our small group too. 
 
I am thankful for the series "The Bible"  that we just got done watching.   It goes hand in hand with our sermons and bible studies.   I think it was wondefully produced and worth watching.
 
I am thankful for our granddaughters Kayla and Morgan. 
They are growing so much.  They came down for a visit last week. 
We also had a nice visit with our son Jeremy (the girls dad) and his wife Sara (which I did not get a picture of)  Prayers for Jeremy are needed as he continues to have more work done with the wart removal on his foot.  This is the second time within a few weeks that they did the painful procedure which leaves in in so much pain and hard to walk.  Jeremy takes medication for his Ulcerative colitis that affects has immune system.  This makes it worse trying to get rid of the warts which are viruses. 
I am thankful for my dear friend Stacey that send me a card to let me know how much I mean to her and a picture that her son Porter drew for me.  It was a pleasant surprise and it made me smile. 
I am thankful that our communication journals are still being used.  We started on 1/10/2012 writing comments, bible verses, memories or anything we have on our minds in the other persons journal.    Every week day morning I cannot wait to see what is written in my journal by my husband.
I am thankful that our son in law Matt in Kansas is healing well from his shoulder surgery last week.    I am also thankful for our daughter Jennifer that is able to take care of him while he is not able to do alot of things including driving.
 
And here is a little surprise.  I am not sure anyone can tell yet but I have lost 18 pounds in this picture.  I have a long way to go and I will be blogging about as I move forward.  Isn't my baby boy cute... he loves his mommy.......

3 comments:

Sister Susie said...

Hi, Janet!
Thank you for your visit to my blog! On the sidebar of our blogs, I accidently deleted those who follow me! I don't even know where the "Followers" title went!

I know what you mean about your Bible Study Group! I can hardly wait for my Wednesday Bible Group meeting (W.O.W. Women of the WORD!)

I followed "The Bible" series too. I must be spoiled, I still like to watch the "old" productions from the 1960's.

I like Kayla and Morgan's smiles from "ear to ear!" My kindergarteners would smile like that too! I always like how they smile, ha!

I'm praying the LORD will heal Jeremy. I never did like having to take any medication if I didn't have to.

I have many "love" notes from my kindergartners in my classroom picture memory book. I love their drawings!

What a joy for you both to write in your journals, especially reading what each has said. I always find it is easier for me to write what I want to say than it is to verbally share it. I guess because there are no interruptions while you are conveying your message.

I pray Matt heals quickly!

Good for you on the 18 pounds lost! When I went to my yearly check I had lost 8 pounds...in one year's time, ha!

Give your precious Einstein a hug for me! Love to you all, Susan

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
What a wonderful list of thankfuls hon, will pray for Jeremy and Ricky to heal up quickly. Pain is no fun that is for sure.

Love that idea of you guys writing in each others journal each day, what a fun surprise to look forward to each day............Great idea........

I tell you we are so blessed in the day and age we live in with all the great books, dvd's and sermons that are available to us and not just in our church but online and things you can buy to add to our own help libraries.......such a blessing.

That is wonderful that you have lost the 18 pds., know you must be so proud (in a good way) of yourself. I think your pounds are
coming over here to get me........lol Every since I had that tendonitis and couldn't excercise, I put on more weight, and seems like no matter what I do the scales just keep going up. It is a bit frustrating I have to say,
cause what used to work isn't working anymore..........Maybe it is that magical 61 I turned this year, don't know........lol

You have a great week hon,
Blessings, Nellie

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
What a wonderful list of thankfuls hon, will pray for Jeremy and Ricky to heal up quickly. Pain is no fun that is for sure.

Love that idea of you guys writing in each others journal each day, what a fun surprise to look forward to each day............Great idea........

I tell you we are so blessed in the day and age we live in with all the great books, dvd's and sermons that are available to us and not just in our church but online and things you can buy to add to our own help libraries.......such a blessing.

That is wonderful that you have lost the 18 pds., know you must be so proud (in a good way) of yourself. I think your pounds are
coming over here to get me........lol Every since I had that tendonitis and couldn't excercise, I put on more weight, and seems like no matter what I do the scales just keep going up. It is a bit frustrating I have to say,
cause what used to work isn't working anymore..........Maybe it is that magical 61 I turned this year, don't know........lol

You have a great week hon,
Blessings, Nellie