Friday, February 8, 2013

Thankful Friday

 
 

I am thankful for this gift (A Jar of Sunshine) from a sweet friend for my birthday,   What a cute idea.  Thanks Stacey......

I am thankful that my flu/cold is just about over except I am still struggling with sinus issues. Marvin has been sick all week and went to the doctor last night. Even though she said he had the flu she sent him home with antibiotics cough syrup and a breathing inhaler. . I am thankful for health care and insurance.

I am thankful that I was able to witness a great example of someone who lived her life for the Lord..  She always had a smile on her face and spoke with great passion.  She blessed us many Christmas Eves with a solo on her Violin playing O Holy Night although we missed it her last one.  Luckily our church had recorded it so we could enjoy it.     She passed away and went to live with Jesus yesterday after a short illness.   She was truly a servant of the Lord and will be missed greatly. 

I am thankful for the outdoors.  I have always been more of an indoor person.  But lately I have been taking the dog out at all hours of the day and night.  It is amazing all the different things you notice.  Just this morning the birds were singing and so happy. 

I am thankful that my co-worker fixed our Keurig at work.  We had a  couple of days without coffee (although I always bring instant just in case)  

I am thankful for the show Downton Abbey.  I never had watched it before and I am starting from season one in 2010.  It is a British period drama taken place in the early 1900's. 

I am thankful that I got through my dental procedure today.  I am still really numb.  This expensive appointment was for a three unit bridge prep.   I do alot of praying when I am in the chair.  I also amuse myself by starring at the ceiling tiles.  Today I was able to find a couple of faces.  I do the same thing with pictures, clouds and rugs.  

I am thankful that my work is providing us with a wellness benefit.  I had no idea how many calories I consumed.  Now I do and I am using the food log and the recipes ideas.  The employees that carry the insurance will get a discount on there deductions if they follow the program  I fall into another category since I am on Marvin's insurance and will earn a visa card that all employees can earn. 

Blessings




2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
Glad you are feeling better, but those sinus issues are fun too! Hope you and Marvin both will be feeling up to par really soon, will say some prayers for yall.
It is such a blessing to have insurance that is for sure.
Always a joy when the dental work is over, I always feel like a lil celebration, made it thru another one!! lol
I have never seen Downtown Abbey heard of it, but really didn't know what is was until you said something here.

You take good care of yourself and Marvin.
blessings for a Lovely Valentines day next week,
Nellie

Sister Susie said...

Hi, Janet!
A jar of sunshine could really be used in the northeast! If everyone had a jar, maybe it would melt all the snow they are getting! Ha!

It's been so warm in Florida, we have had a lot of pollen blowing all over the place. My allergies have really been acting up.

The LORD has surely blessed us with wonderful people in our lives. Tomorrow I will be attending the memorial for my vet I have had since 1984. He passed away this last Monday with ALS. Praise GOD he is with our LORD now!

I'm mostly an indoor person too. My neighbor called me on Monday to tell me our neighbor at the end of the street spotted a cougar near the woods! When I let the dogs out at night, I made sure I had all of the lights on outside! Just this morning the lady who does my hair mentioned about a cougar being spotted in one of the wooded parks (near where she jogs) that's about 8 miles from where I live. Hopefully it is the same one which moved on away from my area.

I'm spoiled with my flavored coffee and flavored creamers!

I know you are glad the dental procedure is over with. I have found myself doing the same thing of looking for cloud formations. The dental chairs are in front of a big picture window. Also there is a thick hedge near the bottom of the window where little birds fly in and out.

I've had to get myself back to eating. I go through the day sometimes realizing I've only had a cup of coffee and toast! Yesterday I made a BIG pot of homemade soup. I've been eating on it all day!
The LORD's blessings on you and yours, love to all, Susan