Friday, January 11, 2013

Dumb Stupid and Ugly




Imagine if someone wrote the above in your senior memory book. In case you can’t read it this is what it says. “Janet, To the dumbest, stupidest, ugliest broad in our senior class. But you are OK I guess. Good luck in your married life. Love Peg

That is from my senior memory book. Though I have forgiven this person I have never forgot it. When I pull out my memory book and yearbooks I am reminded of it

Last week at Bible Study we talked about from a Shepherd to a King . We are making our way through the book "The Story" by Max Lucado & Randy Frazee. This is the verse that we were looking at.

1 Samuel 16:7

“But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

Immediately I was drawn back to memory of what this classmate wrote in my memory book. What a life lesson even all the years later. People still judge others by their outward appearance and there are still those bullies who name call.  

Just for the record I never thought that I was ugly. I knew I was not a beauty but God made me the way he wanted to. I know I am not the smartest person and I had to work hard for my grades but I am not dumb or stupid. I know that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and he is the only that matters as he can see my heart .



 

 

3 comments:

Sister Susie said...

I was overweight in school and had many make their comments to me. I always saw it as, they were the ones with the problem. I enjoyed who I was whether they liked it or not! That always seem to anger, shame, or humble them to how they acted. I told one girl one time, "you have your right to say what you want, but I forgive you anyway," She didn't know what to say while others around laughed at her (though I didn't make my comment to get that response.) Being a teacher for 34 years, I quickly realized kids who make those kind of remarks are themselves very insecure which brings instability in most social situations they engage in. I found out that girl of 42 years ago committed suicide ten years after we graduated from high school. It's so sad that these people have nothing better to do with their lives than to "belittle" others, when in turn they wind up hurting themselves more.

Yet, look where we are today! We have loving families, the blessings of our Almighty GOD, and an Eternal life waiting for us that will erase all of the sad things of this world. The LORD has said He will wipe away all of our tears! Praise GOD!

Love to you and yours, Susan.

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
That guy sounds like he was drunk or on drugs or something. What terrible things to say to someone, and I hope he has thought about that many times since. So sorry you had to go thru that...........but you are so right, the Lord looks upon the heart and you have a great heart my friend,
as well, as being sweet, smart and
lovely. Glad this lesson in your study helped you so much.
Thanks for being such a sweet friend, Blessings, Nellie
Have missed hearing from you lately.

Anonymous said...

love is patient,love is kind.it does not envy,it does not boast it is not proud. it is not rude,it is not self-seeking,it is not easily angered,it keeps no record of wrongs.love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. it always protects,always trusts,always hopes,always perseveres.THIS IS THE WOMAN I LOVE FOREVER AND EVER,AMEN