Sunday, December 2, 2012

What is going on!

I have been dealing with Vertigo now for about 4 weeks.  I am getting better.  The kind of Vertigo I have is called BPPV.  I have been going to physical therapy and having the Epley Procedure done.  I also have been doing it at home everyday.  I am getting better but not completely like I want to be.  The spinning has stopped but I still have some problems with balance and get lightheaded. 

For Thanksgiving (when I was still spinning) we headed to Holly and Ricky's for a Yummy Lunch with Turkey and Ham.   Our son in law Ricky brined the turkey for 2 days and then smoked it on the trager.  It was the best Turkey I had ever had.  There were 16 people there all in total.  I was not much help or company and had to rest the afternoon laying down in a quiet room while the rest played cards and Chess. 

Ricky the cook snagged some skin before I got a picture
Morgan our granddaughter and Ricky's Grandpa Red.  Morgan was teaching Red how to play Angry birds on her tablet. 
Waiting for Lunch our other granddaughter Kayla and I waited and visited.  The banner in back our us "Give Thanks"  was made by our daughter Holly and Kayla and Morgan.


I am finishing up decorating for Christmas but it has been a slow go.  I have also been shopping on line and have my Christmas Cards but need to get them ready to go.  I am not doing a Christmas letter this year because it is too much. 

Today I was able to enjoy Church and we visited our favorite shut in Hazel. She will be 98 in January.    We were also able to shop and take the gifts we bought to the giving tree at the mall.  I had a good nap and now it is time to work on the tree. 

Tiger and Khloe have also made sure they give me plenty of love into between there naps. 


I am so thankful that Marvin had been taking good care of me and I have been blessed with such a great family. 

3 comments:

Sister Susie said...

I feel so bad that you have not felt well! I pray the LORD will bless you and heal you of the vertigo.

I had brunch with Jim & Nellie and their family. The "kids" were eating Thanksgiving dinner with their in-laws. About 5:00 p.m. I went with Jim and Nellie to Cracker Barrel for our Thanksgiving dinner. It was quite tasty (and no clean up, ha!)

I'm praying for you to get well, Susan

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
so good to hear from you hon, and so sorry to hear you are having those
vertigo problems, that is a bummer,
and would definitely slow you down for sure. I have been in slow down mode too, so I hear ya. Was way behind but we got caught up over the weekend, cause when Jim is home I can get more done cause I can't bend over or stoop down, so he does those sorts of things and I can just keep doing as long as I am upright, but when he isn't here, I just can only do certain things or pay the consequences, I have decided the consequences are not too fun, so am behaving or trying to anyway!! lol

Hoping and praying you will be much better for Christmas and even before, like today...........lol
Love and Blessings hon,
Nellie

NanaNor's said...

Hi Janet, I'm sorry you're dealing with vertigo; I get it about once a year but last year when I was doing yoga had it continually until I gave that up. I take a motion sickness pill to help during the day and then Benedryl at night which seems to help. Mine is positional but I don't like it either. Hope your exercise help. Do you know what causes yours?
Have a warm day. Hugs & Prayers.
Noreen