Friday, December 28, 2012

Happy Anniversary

Today is a very special day.  It marks two special anniversaries.  The first is my mom and my dad were married 49 years ago.  The second is 49 years ago God brought me and my sisters a new dad since he took our dad home with him to be in heaven a year earlier.  What a blessing he bestowed on our family.  Soon there was another baby which God also took to heaven with him.  But he blessed our family with two more brothers.




Thank you mom and dad for teaching us high morals and values.  Thank you mom and dad for taking us to Church to learn about God.   Thank you mom and dad for making us go to school and stay in school.  Thank you mom and dad for those times you said no  and I cried but in the end it was the right decision. Thank you mom and dad for welcoming my husband as your son.    Thank you mom and dad for being a volunteer, a giver rather than a taker and having a kind heart.  You both are an example of being God's servants and I am proud that I am able to witness it. 

Though we lives miles apart now I still get to talk to you often and we get to see each other every year or two.

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!
I Love you!
Janet

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
Hope this finds you rested up from
all the Christmas rush, and sounds
like you had a good Christmas with the family.
What a lovely tribute to your Mom and Dad and what a blessed family you were to have such a loving man as your stepdad. He is a rare man ...which is wonderful, and that is why you call him dad I am sure.

Your new pup is adorable, know you are having a fun time with him.
Course, house training isn't much fun, but their cuteness makes up for the aggravation!! lol

Hope you and Marvin have a delightful and Joyous New Year hon,
Love and blessings, Nellie

NanaNor's said...

You are indeed blessed to still have your mom and dad with you. Mine have been gone many many years. Blessings to you this New Year-I can't wait to read about your new puppy.
Hugs, Noreen

Sister Susie said...

Dear Janet,
What a wonderful show of your love for your mom and dad. I have found no matter how old I get, there is still that connection with my mom and dad though they are now with our LORD. You are never too old to not have that child/parent relationship. I can hardly wait to see how the LORD has our relationship in Heaven! Can you just imagine your parents having the same youthfulness as yourself!!

Give your mom and dad an extra hug for me!

Thank you so much for your remark on my blog. It really means so much when we can share our same trials of life.

The LORD created Einstein just for you. I feel this way for all of the animals the LORD has blessed me with.

The LORD bless you and yours, Susan