Monday, September 3, 2012

Our first day in Kansas

We were overjoyed when we arrived in Kansas.  Our daughter Jennifer and grandson Logan were there to greet us at the gate.  Jennifer and our son Jeremy took all the kids in Jennifer's car and headed home and the rest of us headed to the rental car place.  It was so hot that day!  Ricky set his GPS and it took us the back way through all the curvy roads.  We pulled up to the house in time for me,  and Kayla to go pick up Emma from School.  Oh so many hugs and smiling faces.


How great it was to have our whole family (all 12 of us under one roof) All three of our kids were together with their families.  A mothers dream...was a reality.
Marvin and I are so blessed. 
Logan found Uncle Ricky to be handy right away to help him with his shoe
Jeremy took charge of the grill ( Matt was still working)
Matt finally got home and was happy to see all the family that filled his house from corner to corner
 
The four grand kids were patiently awaiting supper (we call it dinner)
Marvin and I had our own private suite (the camper)  the camper was just perfect for us. 
 
Here the girls are in their matching nightgowns that Nana and Papa bought for them.
While the older kids stayed up, visited and took some random pictures with my camera
 
They said a toast to mom and dad while we got all cozy in the camper
I guessed we missed Holly's speech (you can tell how her audience was really being entertained.)
and then Holly hurt her toe I think they headed to bed. 
 
Next post the Cowan reunion

 


4 comments:

Sister Susie said...

What a busy first day in Kansas! Your mention of GPS reminds me of my neighbor friend, Alice. Whereever we go, she is my GPS, ha! Being a dialysis nurse, whe goes all over central Florida, so she knows where to go and how to get there!

Your family photos are always so wonderful to see. I hope you make a picture of them and have them in their own special folder!

Your day was surely busy with all of your wonderful activities!

Love to you and yours, Susan

grammy said...

Looks like a great family time (o:
Hot and humid...oh my (o:
I went to college in Manhattan Kansas.

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Good Saturday Morning to you Janet,
Wow, somehow I missed about 3 or 4 posts, so read them all. So enjoyed seeing the pics of your family, that was really nice to have the whole group under one roof for a bit.
Bet everyone enjoyed that!
That truly is a dream come true for a Mom for sure!! All your grandchildren are so adorable, and bet they were loving all the love and attention they were getting from Gram-ma and Gram-pa too.

That was nice yall had the camper all to yourself, it was probably quite a respite after a long day.

Hope all is well with you hon,
Thanks for coming by to see me.
Will have to try and pay attention to posts more..........lol

Course, I haven't done much visiting this week anyway.
Take Care,
Love and Blessings, Nellie

grammy said...

Lots of great pictures and great memories I am sure!!!