Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cowan family Reunion

First of all I failed to thank Jennifer, Matt, Emma and Logan for boarding all of us and then to top it off they hosted Marvin’s side family reunion. So a Great big Thank you !

There were a total of 28 people there and some were not able to make it. We had yummy food and Lorene's Rhubarb/Strawberry pies. It was a rather warm day so most of the time was spent in the house. The kids all played inside and went outside when the big water slide was set up.
Holly and her Aunt Lorene (Marvin's sister)

Me, Jennifer and cousin Lisa

3rd cousins playing in Logan's room Morgan, Colby Joshua and Jaxson


Kayla and Morgan staying away from the younger ones in Emma's room
Lisa's husband Chris and son Christopher
Lorene, Holly, Marvin and Larry
Joshua

Marvin visiting with his niece Lisa (his sister Lorene's daughter)Lisa also is married to Chris and has two sons Christopher and Joshua

 Visiting and eating

Lorene visiting with her nephew Byran (Kay's so
trying to find a place to sit cousins Joshua and Colby find a seat on the floor
 Marvin and his nephew Bryan visit (Bryan is Marvin's sister Kay's son)
 Jaxson (Bryan and Christina's son) playing in Logan's room
Christopher, Logan and Morgan all playing X Box

Marvin and his sister Lorene

 Jeremy (my son) and Uncle Larry
 Jennifer (my daughter) and her Aunt Lorene
 Christina and Bryan parents of Colby and Jaxson
Gaylene (Marvin's sisters Kay daughters and her miracle baby Jordan)

Lorene and Kay (sisters) Kay husband Mike and my Holly
 Lorene shows off all her crafts to us all.  In a later post I will show you something that I bought from her.  Her knitting and Handiwork is amazing. 
 Bryan, Kay and Mike



Grandma Kay and Jordan


The last pictures are of the water slides that all the kids and Matt enjoyed.  There also are some pictures of tug a war and some braving the hot weather sitting outside. 










This tug a war looks fair to me Jeremy on one side with Logan Papa and Emma on the other. 

What a great time we had that day.  We only had one day but we made the most of it.  We are so blessed to have so much family. 

2 comments:

Sister Susie said...

What a wonderful and full day all of you had! Everyone was full of fun and love! The water slide looked really "cool!" Thanks for sharing your terrific day!
Love to you all, Susan

Sister Susie said...

I got your post. I find it to be irratating too when I go to post and realize something happened and it didn't post! I have done that on Nellie's or Bonnie's when I have in length answered their Thankful Thursday and Women's Day Journal. Wow! I can never remember all I had said! I wish there were a save button you could use as you write.

The only bird that can really make some noise is Max, my macaw. His squawking can really be loud. It doesn't happen often. But when it does, it's usually because he sees a turtle going along the fence or someone on the backroad. He can be a good "security alarm" at that point! The only time Jerry (African Gray) will squeal is if I have covered him up and he has no food (he has played in it knocking it all out by evening!) He likes to eat at twilight! In this manner, Cuddles is ideal for low volume levels! What's really enjoyable is to listen to them when they are interacting together with their talking and whistling! I go in to join and they act like I'm intruding and quickly hush! LOL! Most of the time if they do interact, it's "I want out!" (Max) "I want to go see gramma!" (Jerry) Cuddles just wants to play "Peek-a-boo!)
Love to you all, Susan