Saturday, July 21, 2012

Bonneville Dam

Last weekend when we were in Portland we also went to visit Bonneville Dam.  They had a nice area where you could view fish and the fish ladder along with exhibits. 
We had to take this elevator down the the underwater viewing.  I am not fond of elevators.  With 6 adults and our two granddaughters the elevator was full.   Jeremy and Holly (my grown kids) said everyone jump as we are going down and they did.....  Of course that made me more nervous. 
This was one of the windows.  I can't remember what this sucker fish is called.

We stepped outside to see the fish ladder.  It was really cool but we did not see any fish in the moving water.
Although I did get a picture of one fish at the top of the ladder.


There was this cute little playhouse for the kids. 

I actually went inside with Morgan and we had a pretend snack. 
Jeremy and Sara were taking a moment to themselves. 
Aunt Holly was twirling Kayla here


So that is about it.  We had a fun spending time with our family. 

1 comment:

Sister Susie said...

What a nice place to visit! I was thinking how nice it could be if they let you tube down the rapids, ha! My kittens are surely keeping busy! They are now starting to climb on things they shouldn't! I guess I'm going to have to try the double sided tape, ha! Thanks for visiting my blog! I haven't been getting much done on it lately!
Love to you and yours, Susan