Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Testimony that happened today.

This morning started out like any other morning but I didn't know the plans the Holy Spirit had for me today which has strengthened my faith. 

Remember these books I told you all about here.


I try each day to write a verse or something in Marvin's journal.  This morning I had read my daily devotion from Jesus calling, and my Heartlight verse, thought and prayer.  I really wasn't sure what to write in Marvin's book and I had thought that maybe I would wait until tonight.  I then received KLOVES daily encouraging word.

Thursday 3/15/2012
No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
~ Micah 6:8, NLT

I felt that it was a great verse and wrote it in Marvin's journal.  Then it was off to work

Everyday after I get settled in at work I say some prayers and I have been praying to the Holy Spirit to guide, teach and warn me.

Later this morning  I took a little break.   I read something that immediately made me suspicious  and lacking trust of some one.   I was reacting not responding which I just learned about last night at Bible study.  When responding you activate your Faith before you activate your will. 

During my lunch break I had decided against going to the mall so I sat at my desk and ate my lunch and read my book. 


 Below is part of the book that I read while eating my lunch (pg 225)

  "The page read Micah at the top.  She had never heard of this person, or perhaps it was a place.   Scanning down, however, her gaze rested on the eighth verse of the sixth chapter."
"He hath shewed thee, O man what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God"

I sat there in my chair as I realized that this was the same verse but different version of what I had wrote in Marvin's book this morning.  I read it several times until I got it.  The Holy Spirit was working through me as I asked him to.  HE had just taught me a lesson about not trusting someone and thinking that I have the answers for it all.  

I hope you day was filled with as much joy as mine.

Blessings
Janet


2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
How are you hon?? This is a neat post...I have found that the Lord will repeat himself in quite a few different ways when He is trying to get a point across. I love that!!
I always love when I know the Lord is trying to show me something new, very exciting!!
thanks for sharing with us.

How are yall enjoying doing your journals to each other?? Sounds like fun to me..........

Hope all is well with everthing and everyone in your household.
St. Patricks day blessings to you,
and keep those Irish eyes a smilin'
Nellie

Sister Susie said...

I find when I write to GOD in my journal, that He brings to my mind things as though He is conversing with me. He is so Great.

I love my book Nellie gave to me, "Jesus Calling." It uses the Bible verses as though GOD is speaking directly to you personall in our language of today.

The LORD has surely inspired His People to write good works for others to incorporate in our lives.

The LORD's blessings on you and yours, Susan