Sunday, February 5, 2012

What we been doing

How can be February already????  It has been quite a year already for us.  Recently I am nursing my latest dental issue.  I had dental surgery almost a week ago to have a gum flap (they cut open my gum to see if a crowned tooth was broke) it was broke in half and badly decayed even into the roots.  Needless to say I will NOT being going back to my regular dentist.   I had been going in to him several times with gum pain over the past 6 months.    I had to have the tooth extracted and a bone graft.  After healing I will need an implant.  So not only do I have physical pain I have a pocketbook pain.  But I am thankful to have dental insurance and Marvin's HSA plan which will help with some of the cost.

We have started back up with bible study.  We are study the Fruits of spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.  In conjunction with the study we are also reading this book,

Just after the first of the year Marvin and I started another project. This project for the heart I thought would be for better communication and a growth between God, Marvin and I. 
I went to Ross and found a couple of journals.  In the journals we write in ours and each others.  We write of blessings, negative things that have happened and then seeing the positive out of the issue.  There are no rights or wrongs to write in this book.  Sometimes we write about the sermon or just simply a bible verse.      It is fun to see what was written in our journals.  I will update later and let you know how this project is going.

And now for a household project.  Since Max is gone we have started a complete remodel of his room.  This room will be my reading/craft room.  We have moved the Futon in there as well. 
Here is a small peak.
The color of the room is butter yellow. 
I found this cute desk at TJ Maxx/Homegoods.  In fact the room was going to be this green color before I found it.  That all I going to show you for now since I am still working on it.  But I am so excited. 

On a sadder note.  I lost my ex-sister-in-law Patty a week and a half of go.  She was only 48.  Her heart stopped during surgery.  Though Patty had not been in my life for a while she still was family.  I loved her.  I believe she was put on earth to help people because that is what she did.  In her death she blessed many people since she was an organ and tissue donor. 

That is just a small peak about what is going on.  Even though we have had a lot of bad things happen this year we are finding blessings that have come out of each of them.  Jesus is leading my way and I am trying to walk by faith instead of sight trusting God completely.   


Blessings
Janet



6 comments:

Sister Susie said...

Hi, Janet.

I'm so sorry about your dental difficulties. I will pray for you that all will go well as well as the cost. If I had coupons for that, I would surely send them to you!

I really enjoy my Bible study on Wednesday! We are in Genesis.

Writing journals are so important. I write in mine every day. I write down things the LORD will bring to my mind as I am reading His WORD. I write down my praises and thank yous that only our GOD could do for us. I also write down my prayers of thanks, concerns, and for my friends, family, and even those I don't know that have asked for prayer. Prayers for the government are in there; prayers for the scientists (by name) who refuse to believe in our Creator's creation in Genesis. I pray for all of the animal kingdom whether pets, wild, and those that provide our food. Some days my journal may only be a page long while other days it can be 5 or 6 pages long. I let the LORD lead me.

Thank you for being such a wonderful friend and sharing your family, friends, and animals with me.

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
wow, you have had a lot of hard things going on lately, so sorry to hear about what happened with your tooth. We have been thinking about
changing our dentist, but just don't know who to go to......so praying and searching on that one still.
Sorry also to hear about your SIL, I know how that is too, even tho, they are removed from your life due to circumstances they still live in your heart of love for them. She was very young to pass away.
Am glad you have something to be excited about in redoing your room
as a craft and reading room, looks like you have a nice start, and fun
projects like that are always fun,
as well as the kind you are doing with your hubby. Will be interested to hear an update on that, sounds very neat.........
Well, sweetie, will pray for the Lord to keep you out of pain physically and for him to take care of all the dental bills.
Take care hon,
Love and Blessings, Nellie

Nellie's Cozy place said...

oh yea, and meant to say I just love anything by Charles Stanley, he is such an awesome teacher and Godly man. I have learned a lot from watching him and reading his books.
So hope you love the study, I am sure you will............

Take care,
Nellie

grammy said...

So sorry to hear about you SIL ... we tend to not believe it when the paper we sign says we could die during surgery...scary.
The room is going to be great ... happy for you.
The tooth thing scares me to death. Hope you get it all figured out..... and heal fast.

Sister Susie said...

I pray all is going well with you, Janet. I've been praying for you and your dental surgery. You and your family are a blessing to me. Take care and feel better.
Blessings to you and yours,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Aumt Janet, my mom loved you very much...she told me some funny stories about you two...hard to believe it has almost been a year, not sure it hurts any less today than it did the day she died, I pray i will see her again someday . love, Sheena