Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saying goodbye to Max our dog

Yesterday was a very difficult day as we had to put our 14 year old dog Max down.   He had been failing over the last year and he had lost bladder control and was experiencing some dementia and breathing problems.  Marvin and I both went in with him to hold him while he took his final breaths.  It was fast and peaceful.  There were alot of tears shed .  I have been having a really hard time.

Max came into our family 14 years ago as a small furry ball when our son Jeremy and Marvin went to just look at these pure breeds.  Jeremy shelled out the cash and came home with this adorable puppy..
Yes it was definitely love at first site.
but he was Jeremy's dog in the beginning.   He slept with him and Jeremy took care of him.
Max always thought he should be in all the family pictures.  Of course he was a big part of the family. 
At the time we had 3 cats Misty, Miles and my baby kitty McKenzie.  Max loved them all.  All of our pets here have gone on to be with Jesus. 
Max even got to be in Jeremy's senior pictures. 
and then Kayla came along.  I am actually holding her with Max in the chair with me.  Although Max adored Kayla we could not take the chance that he would bite her.
but that still not stop her for loving him. 
Max loved Kayla so much
Max really never did like the snow but he always went out for a few minutes.
Max always wanted to be around me when Jeremy and his family went home.  I was his mommy

But he loved us all
Max gave us a lot of good memories in the 14 years that we had him.  Rest in Peace Max  I know one day we will see you again in Heaven. 

5 comments:

grammy said...

What a sweet special post.
How hard for all of you.
My sister had a spitz named 'Snowy'. Reminds me of Max.
loved the book read by the kids (o:

Sister Susie said...

Max is so beautiful. When I was in elementary school my brother got a black spitz with a white tummy.

I love the picture where Max is laying on the arm of your couch. I think the best is "The Spitz doing the Splits" ha, (when he was stretching across to you from your couch.

I'm sending you a DVD which has always helped me. I have a second copy, so you can keep it.

Our GOD is good, not just to us but all of His creation. He speaks in Romans 8:21-22 of the animals being delivered when He states, "Because the creature itself ALSO SHALL BE DELIVERED from the bondage of corruption into the Glorious liberty of the Children of GOD."

We shall see Max again!
Love to you and yours,
Susan

Jen said...

I am "in love" with Max from just now reading about him. I am so very sorry for the pain you are all having to endure. Our dogs make such an amazingly large imprint, don't they? To me, they are the greatest creatures to ever walk the face of the earth. Yep, I love them that much :o)

I lost my girl on October 26, 2010 and am still a complete and total mess. I miss her dearly! I had to get another dog immediately and for me, she has been my saving grace.

I wish you all peace and love as you heal.

Love,

Jen

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
Hope you are starting to feel somewhat better emotionally hon.
What a gorgeous dog make was, so pretty and seems so sweet. Loved the pic where his bottom was sitting on the couch and he was leaning over to the arm of the chair to be near you.
You could tell he liked his Mama for sure.

Glad you decided to be with him when he passed, I was so glad we did it that way. Glad it was very peaceful. Dogs are just so loyal,
and so innocent that I think they just evoke so much emotion in us,
cause there is no one that makes you feel more special than a loyal dog...........you could just go to the mailbox and they are so excited to see you when you come back, all tail wagging and happy and friendly,
who couldn't love that.........lol

Try and have a good day sweetie,
Love and Blessings, Nellie

Sister Susie said...

I'm just checking to see if I could still open your comment box. I can't open Nellie's or my own. I did a new post and the the box that came up is a whole new box with added links you can use. After I posted, I was able to open up my comment section again. I still can't open Nellie's, but maybe when she does another post, it will upgrade her format. Thought I'd let you know in case you have any problems.
Susan