Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad

Today is my dads birthday!  I haven't seen him in a few years so I am sharing pictures from 2008 & 2009.  We will be making a trip back to Nebraska this summer so I am excited about that.
This picture is dad, mom and my brothers David, Danny, and sister Joyce.  My sister Joan is not pictured.
Dad loves to play cards and when the family is together there is a lot of card playing
Marvin also loves to play cards
This picture is at the lake.  My parents had a cabin.  We always went out in Pontoon.  The kids always were swimming, paddle boating and tubing too.  My parents had to sell the cabin a few years ago due to the constant flooding.  Thank you dad for all the great memories at the lake.
This picture was here in Oregon at Holly and Ricky's before there wedding in 2008.  Playing pool is another activity that dad loves. 
But I saved the best for last.  Dad loves babies and children.  You can always catch him holding one.  He is pictured here with his great grandson Logan in 2008.  Logan is my grandson. 

Love you dad
   see you in a few months.
Janet

PS    Marvin says Happy Birthday too

2 comments:

Sister Susie said...

Give your dad a happy birthday hug for me when you can. I still miss my dad even though it's been almost 21 years since he went to be with the LORD. We used to play 500 rummy all of the time. Dad usually always won. I don't know how that happened??? Your boat on the water reminds me when we lived in the Keys. Dad had our boat docked at the back of our property.
Take care. Thank you for sharing your pictures!
Love to all,
Susan

Sister Susie said...

I found I can go through "New Post" and click on the comment tab at the top. I can read my comments there.