Sunday, September 18, 2011

Prayer request, Emmas princess birthday party Football games, Sundays sermon, the cats

Happy Sunday!  Wow we have a lot going on here. Please pray for my mom Ruth.  She will be having surgery on Tuesday morning.  I pray for a successful surgery and the Lord guides the surgeons hands.  I pray that she, my dad, sister Joyce and brother Danny all feel our Heavenly Fathers comfort, peace and strength while they wait.  My parents pastor and her husband will also be there.  I am so thankful to have family that can be there waiting together and I am thankful that I know Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior will be there with them all too.

Our Grand daughter Emma in Georgia recently had a tea party birthday party.  Her mommy (Jennifer) my daughter and her mil Lori decorated beautifully.  I wish I could have been there.  It looked like a lot of fun.

Football-In our house it is GO BIG RED for the Nebraska Huskers and GO OREGON DUCKS.  Yesterday both games were on at the same time so Marvin was switching the TV back and forth.  Holly and Ricky were down so they could go to the Duck Game.  Both teams won.
Today's Church service was good.  First there was a baby dedication.  It just happens that the people are from Nebraska and they had their little little guy in a red Nebraska huskers shirt.  It was kind of funny since Nebraska played Washington state yesterday and that is where our Pastors used to live.  In fact Marvin and Pastor Barry bet a milkshake on who would win the game.  (Nebraska won)

The sermon was the first in a series of Meals with Jesus.  I learned today that Jesus had some of the most significant moments while he was sharing a meal.  I also learned that Jesus chose Levi the tax collector to follow him.  We followed the verses below

Luke 5:27-3
Jesus Calls Levi and Eats With Sinners
"27 After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. “Follow me,” Jesus said to him, 28 and Levi got up, left everything and followed him. 29 Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. 30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”
31 Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

Next Wednesday night we will share a meal with a small group and discuss why Jesus called Levi to follow him. 

Update on the cats.  They are getting better and better each day.  Friday when Marvin got home from work he called me and said the rugs were messed up, the place mats from the table were on the floor and Tigers hair was scattered everywhere,  Khloe likes to chase Tiger and Tiger is long haired so he is shedding alot.  It is kind of like having a new baby in the house.......

Hope you have a wonderful week ahead and remember to stay in the day and enjoy your life as it is.  Make the most of what you have instead of what you don't have and count your blessings instead of your worries.

Janet

3 comments:

Sister Susie said...

Happy Monday! I didn't get on the computer yesterday. I was having problems with a pinched nerve in my right hip and lower calf muscle! I had to go until this morning with cramps, not able to lay down, and sleepless nights! Praise the LORD for my chiropractor! He was able to take me in and all is doing well now. I think "it" slipped on me when my 98 pound bullmastif stopped in front of me and I gently kneed her. It was like kneeing a wall, ha! That's when I felt it go out!

Emma loks just beautiful at her tea party! Quite the little lady!

Football, football, everywhere! I don't know who to cheer for anymore, lol!

I so greatly feel blessed to attend my church as well! The LORD surely blesses where ever 2 or 3 are gathered in His Name!

The first mention of "tax collector" and I think of when Christ entered the synagogue and turned over the tables of the money changers. Tax collectors were apart of this "flea market" of vendors as people entered in to give sacrifices. I wonder if Levi was there at that time?

I have my Bible study with a group of ladies at my church on Wednesday mornings. We are now going into the end of II Timothy. What a joy in the LORD to spend time with these 24 ladies!

I sometimes hear Sarah running down the hallway with her nails clickity clicking on the floor. She will growl and then run back swishing her tail as if she just completed a major defeat! HA! She has just recently starting junping up on the dining table! Nellie was here one day and asked if I let her do that! Not usually, but she must be up there when I'm not around. Sarah also likes to "rip, roll, and run" with the rugs on my floor. I used to think my rugs were messed up from my dogs until I caught her in the act.

My Mint GPS sweeper is great for sweeping up the hair. I make sure I use it every day, now even in the birds room. They don't think anything about it anymore!

I have your mom on in my prayer journal. I will be sure to pray for her all day tomorrow!

Love to you and yours,
Susan

grammy said...

Great Birthday Party (o:
Will be praying for your Mom...
Have a great week and enjoy FALL (o:

Sister Susie said...

I did pretty good to not make too much of a mess! The waiters kept coming back asking to take my plate before I was finished! I don't know if they were in a hurry to get me out, or if Alice and I were sitting and talking too much to finish our course, ha!
Susan