Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Wednesday and Thankful Thursday



This is such a late in the day post that I decided to combine a Happy Wednesday and Thankful Thursday.  I am so grateful for all the blessings we have and some times it is the littiest blessing that me me happiest of all. 

I am thankful that my daughter Holly got to sit outside Saturday morning with her dad and I and enjoy the birds and have coffee

I am thankful for a co worker Andrea that thought everyone needed a waffle on Tuesday so she brought he waffle iron in.  She also brought in some of her homemade berry syrup. 

I am thankful that it did not rain for our Church picnic last weekend.  It was however very hot and I got a little too warm and didn't feel well the rest of the day. 

I am thankful that finally it is started to cool off.  I am so ready for fall and the rain (after we get on the new roof)

I am thankful for Marvin.  He is taking care of all the calls and stuff to get ready for our new roof.  Our son Jeremy knows a lot about roofing and he has been a good resource.  We did head to Jerry’s so I could pick out the color of the shingles.   My help in this project is cooking and making sure they have drinks and whatever else they may need. 



I am thankful that Khloe and Tiger are settling down somewhat.  They don’t seem to be fighting but just running through the house during the NIGHT.  I think they sleep all day! 

Poor Tiger was so sleepy

I am thankful that baby Jordan our great nephew is continuing to do well.  What a miracle.  Below is Gaylene's face book posting.

"My lil man is 2lbs 14ozs today and up to 17cc's on formula. AND I never thought I'd be so proud when he dodo in the diaper!! Mike and I are are amazed at his progress and thankful for all the love, prayers, and support from everyone. Thank you isn't enough....xoxoxoxo!"

I am thankful for Klove radio station.  I get so much encouragement by listening  to the songs and the words that are shared. 

I am thankful for that we have a few pumpkins on our pumpkin patch. For some reason they did not multiply like normal although we have a few big ones.


I am thankful for the fresh tomatoes that a co worker Carlene has been sharing from her garden.   We love tomatoes.....

Have a good week!

Blessings!
Janet







4 comments:

Sister Susie said...

Hi!! I've missed your post. I know you have been very busy. I am so joyful for baby Jordan's progress. Prayers are truly being lifted for him!

We finally got some cooler weather (even if it is at night and early morning.)

I can't believe pumpkins are already to come of the vine! There
is nothing any better than fresh tomatoes! Dad grew tomatoes when we lived in the Florida Keys. He used seaweed as the fertilizer! Nothing better than rotting seaweed, ha! The tomatoes were as big as our hands!

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I know how you feel! I'm praying the LORD brings you great blessings of joy!

Cats are nocturnal! My cat eats at night too. If I don't have her food out before I go to bed (and make sure her water dish is full) she will walk through the house meowing! She's good to stop when I call out, "GO LAY DOWN, SARAH!" You might want to try giving them some catnip toys just before you go to bed. That works on my Sarah too!

Love to you and yours,
Susan

Bonnie said...

Hi Janet!

You have a very nice thankful list. Often it is the little things in life that we need to remember and be so grateful for isn't it?

I know what you mean about being ready for fall. I love autumn it is my favorite time of year. Last year we went to New England and it is the most gorgeous place on earth in my opinion. The trees just blow my mind with their exquisite beauty! Have a nice weekend coming up! Love the pumpkins!!

Hugs, Bonnie

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
How are you sweetie?? Sounds like you have had a fun week full of blessings. Your pumpkin patch looks neat, and glad to hear your kitties are not fighting, maybe they are learning to play at night!! lol
Hope they don't keep you awake.
So glad to hear lil Jordan is continually progressing. God is so good.
You take good care, and have a nice weekend hon,
Love and Blessings, Nellie

grammy said...

Just caught up. Nice pictures of first day of school. Did you go with them that day?
Cats...everywhere. I just spent an hour trying to get cat hair vacumed off of furniture. Not my fav thing. Yours look sweet and have a great place to sleep and play. My experience has always been... she sleeps anywhere but where you want her too (o: