Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thankful Thusday



I am thankful that I had 16 years to spend with my McKenzie.  I still miss her so much.  We received this nice sympathy card from our vet’s office with her paw prints.  That made me really cry…



I am thankful that my husband was able to stay with McKenzie and hold her during her last minutes on earth.  That was very comforting to me. 



I am thankful that my son Jeremy daughter in law Sara and granddaughters Kayla and Morgan surprised me Tuesday at work.  It was so good to get those much needed hugs.  Morgan (who will be 5 this month) said that I need to go get a new kitty and this time it needs to be black.  LOL…

I am thankful that our friend Raelene was not hurt seriously in an accident on Saturday.   She was on her four wheeler crossing the road to get her mail when a car hit her.  She was life flighted to the hospital but released the next day.  She has a big head gash and alot of bruising and is very sore. 

I am thankful for these little flower pots that Kayla and Morgan made for Marvin for his birthday.  The flowers are finally blooming. 
I am thankful for the text message that I got from my daughter Jennifer that my grandson Logan had picked his photo book that I made for him to take with him camping so he could "read" it to his mom.  That is so adorable.  I had pictures of when we were in Georgia and we got to spend a lot of time with the kids.    I guess that Emma lays on her bed and looks her photo album  We really miss them. 

I am thankful for water.  I really take it for granted.  I drink mostly bottled water and I have to break myself of that bad habit because our water here is good.  I was listening to KLove and they were raising money for families in Rwanda so they can have clean water. 

I am thankful for air conditioners.  We just have window air conditioners here since we normally only need them on occasion.  It has been in the mid 80’s which his hot for us here so I am glad we have air. 

I am thankful that Matt and Nicole were able to deliver a healthy baby girl this week and pray that she gives them so much joy.

I am thankful that a couple of our pumpkin seeds have grown into plants. In the past years we have had so many. This year it seems like we are not going to have as many. We did not plant tomatoes this year but were surprised by a volunteer tomato plant. I had never heard of that . My mom told me that they have had some in the past but they normally don’t yield. But look here they have flowers on them.

I am thankful that my daughter Holly and son in law Ricky had a safe white water rafting trip; Holly thinks we should go with them sometime.  I am not so sure about it because it would be fun and I like the water but not the sun so much. 

Have a great day! 
Blessings
Janet








3 comments:

Sister Susie said...

It is so wonderful when the doctors of our pets remember us in that way. I still have my cards from over the years from my vets.

Morgan should go with you if you choose to get another pet kitten.

Praise the LORD for Raelene not being harmed! I pray the car wasn't going fast! I will pray for her recovery.

The flower pots are definately a keep sake!

We are truly blessed to have the communication we have today. I don't know how people in the past could wait for the pony express to deliver their mail, ha!

I need to drink more water than I do. I'm doing good if I get down a glass of water a day.

A/C! Another blessing I don't know how people from the past could do without! I came home from church to find mine wasn't working! It was 89 degrees in a closed house! Thank the LORD my a/c people took weekend calls!

Happy Grandmama! What is your new grandbaby's name?

If your tomato plant has blooms, all you need are bees to polinate them!

I would have to by-pass water rafting. My back would not take the "yanking" up and down! In my younger days I wouldn't have had the problem. I'm so glad they had an enjoyable time.

Love to you and yours,
Susan

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
You had a fine list of thankfuls this week. So glad your friend was not too badly injured and was released from the hospital already.
Aren't children so sweet...telling you that you need to get a new kitty.
How cute!

Now don't know about white water rafting, we just did regular tubing
down a shallow river with some rapids, and that was plenty for me.
Dee was real lil then, maybe 4 or 5 years old, and her tube flipped over and scared us all too death,
but she was fine, thankfully!!

Hope you have just a wonderful and delightful time at the Ocean hon,
Rest, Relax and eat lot of great but healthy food!! lol

Love and Blessings, Nellie

Bonnie said...

Hi Janet,

I have just stopped in and realized that you have lost our precious kitty. I am so sorry. I know how much that hurts and I hope it will ease up one day for all of you.

Love and hugs to you! Bonnie

P.S. you and Marvin should get that table and chairs set up and have some fun day trips! We love doing that!