Friday, August 12, 2011

Sunflowers and arriving at the coast



Last Sunday we headed up to Holly's to drop the dog and cat off so she could babysit.  We were looking forward to 4 nights at the ocean with Jeremy, Sara, Kayla and Morgan.  Marvin had found this country music station on the radio and listened to Tammy Wynette, and some various others artists that I grew up listening so I was in heaven.  When the song Dumas Walker came on I was just singing until I realized we missed our turnoff to Holly's.  We had never done that before. (by the way Marvin was driving) LOL....I never thought we would find a place to turn around.  All worked out okay and we had a good lunch with Holly, Ricky, Ricky's brother and his wife and Ricky's dad.  Ricky smoked pizza on the trager for us it was so yummy.

Next it was off to met Jeremy and his family to head to the coast.  Once we met up we were on our way.  We had a few pit stops.  We found a veggie stand with a beautiful field of sunflowers.  We took a few pictures

Morgan stayed close because there were bees everywhere.
Back in the car and we are armed with some fresh cucumbers, blackberries and tomatoes.  

And then we arrived.  This was our view from our room


Morgan and Kayla grabbed their bubbles
It was so sunny but cool out.
Jeremy cooked some burgers on the grill and Kayla and Marvin got out the binoclurs
while the sun was getter lower and lower. 
the beauty was breathtaking
and I thanked God for his creation and the beautiful day we had with our family. 

Blessings
Janet

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Morning Janet,
What a beautiful sunset in these pics, and looks like a wonderful place to stay. Also that field of sunflowers is simply gorgeous, very nice pictures. sounds like a lovely day to me. So nice you got to go with your son and his family, that is always a treat to spend time with them isn't it??
Have a very nice weekend sweetie,
Love ya, Nellie

Sister Susie said...

I just know you had a great time!! I really loved your pictures, especially the field of sunflowers. I'm not sure how tall they were, but I can only imagine when they are at their full height!

You have beautiful grandchildren, but then why not; they come from beautiful parents and grandparents!

I can hardly wait for more pictures! Love to you and yours,
Susan

grammy said...

Ahhhh....so beautiful.
I love sunflower...those are very healthy looking.
The ocean view is marvelous. I wonder if I will ever get to go to Oregon? You never know (o:
Sorry about your cat. I have an old cat too. She still seems to be doing well...but you never know how long that will last.
Can't wait to see more pictures.