Sunday, July 31, 2011

The weekend!

This weekend has been hard and I have been in tears on and off missing my baby kitty.  Every night she would jump on my bed wanting me to pet her and then when I put my hands under the covers she knew it was time to go lay on the end of the bed.    Friday night the first night without her was just so difficult.  I know it is going to take time. 

 Saturday morning we got up and around and I washed the bed up and hung out the sheets.  There is nothing better than fresh sheets blowing in the warm wind. 
Then it was time to head to the Saturday market.  It is interesting just to people watch but our reason for going was to get some Olive bread and fresh veggies.
It was so warm and there were people everywhere. 
We bought some of these yummy tomatoes and had some with Dinner. 
I just love sunflowers and couldn't walk away without a picture.
Look at the beauty of these flowers.
I can't remember what this flower was called but look at all the layers and how it just fans out.

There was all kinds of food and pastries available.
Have you ever heard of Dakota Black popcorn?  I had a few pieces and it tasted like popcorn but was really crunchy.  I wish I would have bought some. 
I had one of these meat pastries for lunch.  I had the traditional which had ground beef, potatoes, cheddar cheese, turnips and onions.  It was small but so yummy.  I am not sure who that lady was in my picture.
This bread was so good.  We bought the Olive bread....Yummy.....
and then on the way out we were entertained with this young boy and this man ( I think it was his dad) singing.  They were really good and drew a large crowd.  We stood and listened to him for a while .

Later after a nap Marvin made a "surprise dinner"  He breaded pork chops.  It turns our he dipped them in eggs and then into crushed Cheetos.  He saw this on Food TV chopped show.  They were great.  I thought it was just a bread crumb coating.  He also sauteed some zucchini in olive oil and we had a fresh tomato and cucumbers..  It was a great dinner. 

Today Sunday we served all morning at Church and then I came home and crashed and took a short nap.  It has been in the mid-80's which is too warm for me.  My sister Joyce called.  We talked for a while and she told me her father in law always said that pets souls were pure and when they died they go straight to heaven.   I believe that. 

As I am writing this our 6 year old cat Tiger is searching my for my baby kitty.  His crying is breaking my heart so once again I am in tears.  It is so hard. 

Blessings to you all & have a good week ahead!
Janet

3 comments:

Sister Susie said...

I'm so sorry for your missing McKinsey. I still miss my Reggie (and he passed away in 1998!) I think that is why I have so many pets. Sam is 13 and has his days. I'm praying for you and the joy our LORD has waiting for us.

The vegetables look so good. I'm about to go in and start cooking up mine in a few minutes! I love to do a quick stir fry with seasonings!

Love to you and yours,
Susan

Sister Susie said...

I know how you feel! I have not been without a beloved pet since I was a child! So, I have been through many heartaches! Maybe your next pet should be a parrot! They live for 75-100 years depending on the kind!! Mine just amazes me every day. Max surprised me the other day when he reponded to me. I came in the room in my bright red nightgown singing a hawaiian song. When I started the second verse, he belted out, "I don't wanna hear that!" LOL, LOL.
I said back to him, "Well, excuse me!" When I started laughing, he started laughing! He's not every said that before even though I have said it to him if he's been squawking! Turn about, fair play, ha! I'm still getting all the paperwork done for retirement. They are suppose to put 10% into my account today. Getting new medical insurance is time consuming. Enjoy your trip to the ocean! Love to you and yours, Susan

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
that trip to the farmers market looked like a fun time.
It will definitely take some time getting used to not having McKenzie around, but maybe your trip to the ocean will help with that, and it want seem so wierd when you get back.

Praying for you hon,
Love ya, Nellie