Tuesday, July 26, 2011

An update on baby kitty and last Sundays Sermon



Our cat McKenzie seems to be getting better so at this time we are going to continue to the 10 day cycle of antibiotics.    I am thankful that we don’t have a make any decisions at  this point and she is feeling better and acting like herself.   Yesterday I was the one that gave her the shot.  I actually did really well so I think I will be the person to administer it( we have 6 more days)

Last Sunday we had a great sermon.  Once again I felt the Holy Spirit words flowing through Pastor Barry’s sermon.  It was like I was sitting on the edge of my seat not wanting it to end.  The title of the sermon was “A key to a healthy relationship”.  Barry talked about selfishness and ways to become unselfish and a better listening and how this will strengthen relationships.  This is not only in married life but with family and friends too. 

Selfishness is the source of conflicts and short circuits our prayers.  He talked about considering the needs of others by making what is important to the other person important to you.  He talked about really listening and letting the other person tell it their way without interrupting.    I get so much about of Pastor Barry's sermons and these are some of the examples about how I have had so much spiritual growth by hearing words of how to live like Jesus did.
I am looking forward to attending the Women of Faith Conference for the first time with my daughter Holly and some of the women that are in Church.  I am so excited.   My sister Joyce told me I will really like it and then my friend Marci told me the same thing.   Sandi Patti and Mandisa are both going to be there so I am excited to hear them both sing. 

 Have a blessed day!
Janet

5 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
So glad to hear McKenzie is doing better.
Yes, don't you just love to hear good preaching that really has application that helps you in everyday life, there is nothing better.
Cause you have to apply what you hear or it is basically worthless.

Our Sr. Pastor is on vacation right now so our youth Pastor filled in this passed Sunday, and did a lesson on the fruit of the spirit and living for the flesh rather than the spirit, it really was excellent, and Dee and Jerry really liked it as well.

Thanks for praying for us about hurricanes, so far, so good, but then we aren't in the height of the season yet, it is usually late Aug. and September, and sometimes into October. It doesn't end till Nov.
30th now, and years back It used to in mid Nov. I think it was. So keep up those prayers!! lol

Those red lilies are gorgeous, so rich and pretty. Is that your pic or one you pulled from the net?
If it is yours you did an awesome job of taking it.

Hope you are all doing really well.
That is so neat you and Holly are going to women of faith together.
Know you will have an awesome time.

Love and blessing Hon,
Nellie

NanaNor's said...

Hi Janet, It is always such a blessing to visit you; I have gone to many Women of Faith conferences-when we lived in Ca. and can tell you they are such a blessing-you will come away enriched.
So glad to hear your kitty is doing better.
Have a wonderful evening and thanks for your kind words & prayers.
Hugs, Noreen

Sister Susie said...

Hi, Janet!
As I told Nellie, my computer is misbehaving, but I got it going again, ha!

Doesn't it make you rejoice when the LORD fills you so full with His Spirit during worship. I feel the same way, I don't want to leave!

As Nellie has said, thank you so much for your prayers about the hurricanes not coming our way. My prayer is the LORD would have all of them head out into the Atlantic and lose strength!

I am so happy McKenzie is doing better! I know how you feel. Sam has his days, but is doing well now(13 year old lab-mix.)

Love to you and your family,
Susan

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Girlie,
So good to hear from you yesterday.
Yea, we love red lobster too. I love their woodgrilled shrimp and scallops, they are sooo good!!
and those yummy lil rolls too.

Have been feeling much better since
Tuesday must be somebody prayed for me!! and I sure appreciate it, that is for sure.

I have been on the phone all day talking with someone, so been burning up the lines. lol
Need to get something done.....
have been working off and on on my
thankful Thursday post as well.
Take care and have a good Friday and weekend hon,
Love ya, Nellie

Sister Susie said...

Janet, I am so sorry to read about your baby kitty needing to be put down. Let me give you a wonderful blessing our LORD has given us. In Romans 8:21-22 the LORD promises us of His whole creation (our pets too) being delivered from death. "Because the creature (our pets) itself ALSO SHALL BE DELIVERED from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of THE CHILDREN OF GOD!" That liberty being our presence with Almighty GOD forever! Christ returns to the earth riding on a stallion along with His bride, the Church returning on stallions too! GOD Loves His animal creation as well! The millinneal reign of CHRIST has the lion laying down with the lamb!
Our GOD is Great and He loves His Children and His Creation.
Love to you and yours,
Susan