Friday, July 29, 2011

Even though it was time it is was hard to say goodbye

Yesterday it was apparent that Mckenzie (aka baby kitty) my 16 year cat was not getting better as we hoped.  We made the decision that it was time for her to be pain free.  Marvin made the appointment yesterday for this morning.  After he told me the time I just cried and cried.  I spent time with her last night.   This morning confirmed that she was so sick.  She had vomited all over and I walked through it.    I went ahead and went to work because I knew that I could never be with her during this time.  Marvin (bless his heart) stayed with her.  He said they gave her a sedative while he held her and then they continued the procedure.    I had been praying all night and morning and at 9:30 (her appointment time) I felt a calm peaceful feeling so I know that it was reassurance from Jesus that it was okay he would take over from there. 


IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.
You will be sad, I understand.
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.
We've had so many happy years.
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come -- please let me go.
Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me till the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.
Please do not grieve -- it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years;
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.
--- Anonymous ---
Rest in peace baby kitty, you gave is many years of laughter and joy. 

2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
So sorry to hear about your sweet
kitty. so glad that Marvin was with him, hard to do but makes you feel better about it. I know how you feel hon, we had to do that with our last doggie,
and it broke our hearts, but we were comforted to be with him and know he was suffering no longer. Many have said why don't you get another dog, my reply was he can't be replaced.
Then a number of years later Rosie and Joey came into our lives and helped fill that empty spot Zippy left.
Again so sorry to hear........will be praying for you guys,
Love ya, Nellie

Sister Susie said...

As I shared on your 7/16/11 post,
It's hard when our pets pass. I have great confidence we will see them again in the hereafter. Romans 8:21-22 states, "Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the Glorious Liberty of the Childre of GOD!
Our GOD is so Good!
Love to you in this time of sadness, Susan