Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful that I started this BLOG.  I have met so many nice people along the way and have been encouraged and inspired with the nice comments that are left.   The reason I started it was because we have so much family that live out of town and this is my way of letting everyone know what is going on.  It has had been a great way to journal.  Today I received this cute little thank you note from my mom and she wrote that she feels like she is living our daily lives with us.  That comment made me so happy.  Isn't this a cute little card?

I am thankful that our 14 year old dog Max is getting a little better.  We had to take him to the Vet last week because of breathing problems.  He is still waking us up during the night but I still think he is a little better.  I just snapped this picture because I could not find one. 
I am thankful that my son Jeremy drove 2 hours just to take the dog to the vet with us last week. The dog actually started out as Jeremy’s dog but he had to leave him behind so I am his mommy.    We had a chance to see our grand daughters and Sara too and go out for Dinner. 

The vets office had these beautiful fragrant peonies so I snapped a picture on my phone. 
I am thankful that we got a heavy rain Tuesday morning to help knock the pollen out of the air.  However, in the afternoon there were a lot of cottonwood seeds flying around.  It looked like it was snowing.  Kind of pretty but I know they will make my allergies flare up. 

I am thankful that the floods have not impacted my family and friends back in the Midwest.  Well I mean that is has not impacted their homes.  My brother in law lost his job because of the flooding  
I am thankful that my nephew Scotty went to the ER and ended up having his appendix removed last Sunday.  It is important to pay attention to your symptoms.  Although I really shouldn''t be speaking because it was 6 days after the pain started that I had my removed a couple of years ago.

I am thankful that I got to chat with my friend Sheila in Nebraska last Sunday.  We have reconnected through face book and we have talked a few times.  Sheila is undergoing brain surgery today.  Please keep her in your prayers.

I am thankful that we were able to show a friend how wonderful our church is.  She still goes to our old church which is Lutheran.  Our Christian church does things differently and the praise team has us on our feet singing to the glory of God with a complete band.   Pastor Barry gave a great sermon like usual and my friend was very happy that she visited. 

I am thankful that I was able to change my work schedule so I can get a little more sleep.  I love to sleep….
I am thankful that when I called to my brother in law Scott for his birthday Monday I was also to talk to my sister Joyce and my nephew Brandon.  Brandon is a chef and I am trying to persuade him to sign up for one of the Chefs competition shows on the Food Network. 

I am thankful that we live in a free country and the word “God” still is in some things.  It made me think about how you still have to swear under oath in court.  I don’t see how that could ever be taken away.

I am thankful for facebook.  I have connected with old classmates, friends and cousins that I do not get see. or talk to so it is good to get all caught up on them and their families. 

I am thankful that Holly got home safely the other night after babysitting for her nieces (my grandkids) so my son and daughter in law could go out to a work event,  The special premiere movie didn't start until Midnight so Holly did not get home until after 3 am.  She even had to get up in a few hours and go to work.  What a good Auntie she is.  Here she is was Kayla


With that I will close.  I still have a lot more family pictures to post in my upcoming posts.

Have a blessed day! 
Janet






4 comments:

Sister Susie said...

I agree with a previous blog where you said our dogs are apart of our family! I surely hope the vet has helped yours beocme better. Sam (I call him my Old Man) is 13 lab mix and is not doing so well. He has a nerve depletion disease that he is on meds for that makes him weak on some days, but other days he does okay.

My church has a praise team, band, choir, and orchestra (sometimes) that I do the sound system for. It can really keep me busy beyond actually hearing their performance due to sound adjustments!

I'm so glad our GOD has promised to "Never leave us or forsake us" no matter what; even though our country is turning away from Him more and more!

I have had Sheila in my prayers and especially today! (As so I continue to pray for Diane.)

Love to you and yours,
Susan

grammy said...

What a great Thankful list (o:
our peonies are gone...back to the maker. They were so pretty this year.

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
I am gonna answer your question first about Mr. Sweepy then go back and read your blog.
No, he doesn't vacuum, he only sweeps, just as if you used a swiffer. He really does a pretty good job. He doesn't pick up large stuff tho, but usually we don't have much anyway.
The roomba vacumms but it is a lot more expensive, and the mint is less if you get it at bed bath and beyond and use their 20% off coupon. If your bedroom is wood or laminate even if the room is large it will take care of it. You will just have to use the north star, and you might just have to do that one room. I found he runs for about hours so I usually get all the rooms that I can use him in done and some damp mopped as well.
Jim just got home from a meeting,
so be back later to check out your blog.
Love and blessings, Nellie

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
Came back to read yourThankful
Thursday post, another great list of thankfuls. God is so good to us!
That was neat that your Mom feel like she is part of your everyday life,
I am sure she loves that.
Hope your doggie gets better soon,
and sorry about your friend Sheila,
will keep her in my prayers.

You have a great week ahead.
Love and Blessings, Nellie