Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday





I am thankful for a great time spent with our 7 year old granddaughter Kayla last week at the Grandparent day picnic at her school. 

I am thankful that our 4 year old granddaughter Morgan was okay after she got stung by a bee.  It appears that she is allergic.  Her mom did everything right and now will be taking her to the Doctor and showing him a picture of how bad it swelled and the hives she had.



I am thankful that there is email so I can email my blogger friends because I can’t comment on some of their BLOGS.
I am thankful for the new way we figured out to grill Asparagus.  It is so yummy. 

I am thankful that I have lost 10 pounds so far on weight watchers.  It is a slow go but at least a start.  My clothes are started to loosen up.

I am thankful my daughter Holly and I got to spend sometime with her BFF Jamie.  She is here from Florida.  Jamie is expecting a little girl in October.  We got to visit with her mom and sister too. It has been 9 years since they graduated from high school.  Both Holly and Jamie were cheerleaders so they spent a lot of time together. 
I am thankful for the billboard that my church put up.  It says "That was awkward"  " No One knows the day or hour"  Matthew 24:36  Northwoodchristianchurch.org

I am thankful for the sweet birds that love to sing in my back yard.  What a wonderful thing to wake up too.  Now if I could just have some crickets to sing me to sleep.  LOL

Have a wonderful week!

Blessings
Janet




4 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
Well, I have some crickets over here, was sitting out back awhile at sunset and listening to them in the quiet,
they really could sing you to sleep.

So glad Morgan is okay, that looked like a very nasty sting. Wow!

Do you put olive oil and salt and pepper and garlic on your asparagus when you grill it. We have done it on the grill and roasted it in the oven, in fact, we had some tonight.

Have you ever tried roasting brocoli?? we really like it, but we do not like cauliflower done that way!

Have a great Friday and weekend hon,
Love and Blessings, Nellie

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Oh yea,
just in case you are interested I put the wedding photos on my Thankful Thursday post late today!
Have a good one,
Nellie

Sister Susie said...

OW!!! I surely hope Morgan's arm is okay today! Will she need the EPE pin shots upon getting a sting? (EPE isn't spelled right.)

Isn't is a beautiful song from our GOD to hear the singing of the birds! I occassional get a cricket in the house! One thing I don't like to hear are the frogs on the pond squealing out for rain. When you hear 100's of them it is annoying and LOUD!

I went with my friend, Alice, to L.A. Fitness! What a workout! And, all I did was 30 minutes on the stationary bike and 5 minutes on the treadmill, ha! I hope to do so in Mon./Fri.

I need to get more into the veggies! Since it is just me, I don't mess with the grill. Nellie said I could do the same under the broiler, but as you know, it doesn't taste the same.

Love to you and your,
Susan

Sister Susie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.