Monday, May 16, 2011

Victoria-Part 2

This picture was of the beautiful sunset overlooking the harbor the first night we stayed. 

Sunday morning we had a slight change of plans since there were 15,000 people in town for a 10 K race.  Since they ran right by our condo we could not get our car out to go to the Gardens so we took off on foot. 

We went down to the docks where the houseboats are.  We even were able even to go on a tour.  the one that we went through was on the very end.    It was so interesting.  It had 2 bedrooms and 2 baths.  The upper level had the kitchen, living room and deck.  It was so beautiful. 

While we were down on docks there were the most precious seals that came it close.  We bought some fish so we could feed them  It was one of the highlights of my trip. 

Soon we were off for a long walk to the park.  On the way we saw this black squirrel.  We had never see one that color so I snapped a photo.  Isn't he a cute little fellow?
Soon we were at the Beacon Hill Park.   Well not so soon because we walked and walked.

This park so so beautiful and full of flowers.  Of course my foot started cramping so we were able to sit and enjoy the peacefulness of the park while Holly and Ricky moved on.
There was a part of this park that had peacocks and turkeys running around on the grounds. 
the turtles also caught our attention
There was a small place where you could pay to go in to see the animals but we were able to enjoy them through the fence.  The peacocks were so funny.  They sounded like a loud cat when they talked.   They are the most beautiful and so vibrant with color.   
The flowers were so pretty too and it was so a beautiful day to be out walking.

The day wasn't even over yet but I am going to stop here for now.  I have so many pictures to share. 

Blessings!
Janet

4 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
Thanks for coming by tonight and for all your sweet comments. Yea, these outdoor weddings....give me an Air Conditioned church any time!! lol
They are pretty, but they sure can be hot too!! Course, really the rehearsal was way worse and thank the Lord for his answers to our prayers or the wedding would have been miserable.
I did love my dance with Scott, it was a sweet few minutes, I have to say!!
Dee is having an outdoor wedding as well, am sure hoping it will be in the 70's by October 15th, but maybe
and maybe not, especially since it is in the daytime!! Oh well, we will cross that bridge when we come to it!! lol

I rec'd my pretty card and the seed
card today. That was such a sweet surprise, and I can't wait to get them planted, just gotta find the right pot to plant them in. Thanks so much for thinking of me, that
was a really sweet card as well, and so appreciated.

Now I need to read your post and come back.
Love ya, Nellie

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Again,
Went back to your Thankful Thursday post to start, so left comments on all the post after.

Those baby seals are so adorable, I would have loved feeding them too.
So Cute!
and aren't peacocks just so pretty,
and they make a strange noise and it is loud too, don't know if it is when they are in mating season or not, think maybe so!!

All your flowers photos in your other posts and this one are just fabulous, love flowers photos.
We have squirrels that look like that but think they are just a lil
bit lighter in color tho. Loved to watch them too, I like to make a
certain noise and it seems to get their attention and sometimes the young ones will come down on the branch and just watch me. they are so cute! We have 4 young ones in our tree out front now and they just frolic around and wrestle and have the best time, guess they are brothers and sisters! But we get a big kick out of them.

Oh Jim got another call back from one of those phone interviews, this being the 3rd call, so they are calling sometime this week to set up a regular interview for him in the next week or so. We are trying not to get too excited yet!! lol

Well, Sweetie.....looks like yall had a wonderful time in Victoria,
what a pretty park that was too.
Glad you had some time to sit and enjoy it a little.
Take care, and have a dandy week!
Love and Blessings, Nellie

grammy said...

Great pictures
I would love to see that seal too (o:
what a great looking vacation friend.

Sister Susie said...

What a wonderful outing! I love animals. The pictures you took were great! Is that you feeding the seal? Peacocks are right up there with flamingos and sand hill cranes! I just finished a story this week with the kids about turtles on a log. It was a counting book. I just love the gardening these places have. I only wish my yard could look the same, ha!

Sorry I'm a few days late!
Your friend, Susan