Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thankful Thursday

  I have so many things to lift up to the Lord that I thought my Victoria posts could wait a bit.  There are pictures throughout this post that are from Victoria.

I am thankful that my 3 year old grandson Logan only had to get 6 stitches in his chin earlier this week when he had a bike wreck (without training wheels)  My daughter called me at work and told me.  My heart was racing but then I realized he was in good care.  He looks so sad here.

I am so thankful that my friend Christi has been healed from her cancer,  I praise the Lord and give him all the glory for her healing. 

I am thankful that my mammogram this week was normal,  I wasn't nervous this year but I have been called back a few times,  My Grandma had breast cancer when she was very young but she survived it.

I am thankful but sad that one of the little girls I pray for has won her battle with cancer and went to be with Jesus on Tuesday.  She was only 6 years old and fought such a tough battle.  Her parents are Christians and they believe as I do that they will see her again according to the promise that our Lord and Savior made us which is eternal life. 

I am thankful that I got to spend so much time with out daughter Holly and son in law Ricky.  They have blessed me in so many ways it overflows my heart with joy. 


 
I am thankful that we had a safe trip while we were in Victoria and were able to enjoy the beauty.


I am thankful that we got to have lunch with a couple of Canadian co-workers of mine.  One of the girls has been such a dear friend of mine for years. 


 
I am thankful that our dog Max did well at the Kennel.  I was so worried about him because last time he did not look happy when we picked him up.

I am thankful that we spent sometime with my husband’s friend Ray his wife Rae and his parents to watch the Kentucky Derby.  We had a mint julep.  It was really strong so I sipped mine.  It was a great time of fellowship and I talked about getting to know Jesus. 


 
I am thankful that my granddaughter Kayla got over the fact that they did not find the end of the rainbow and therefore did not find the pot of gold.  She had a meltdown but her little sister was there for a hug.
I am thankful that Holly came down and was able to sit in Church for the sermon with us on Mothers Day.  We were serving that day but we still got time to listen to it together.  Holly also fixed me lunch after we were done serving. 

I am thankful that I did not pass out after I accidentally hit the my head on the toilet handle  when I was picking up something on the floor.  I hit it so hard it flushed.  Even though I saw stars I was laughing so hard because it was funny.  I do have a bruise on my head. 

I am thankful that My son Jeremy called on Saturday night to wish me a Happy's Mothers Day since he would be working on Sunday.  I received the most beautiful card in the mail from him. 


I am thankful that my daughter Jennifer called on Mothers Day.  We were able to makes so plans for when they come home in June.  I also received a beautiful card along with a gift card from Barnes and Nobles which I used right away. 


I am thankful that I got to talk to my mom of Mothers day.  Even though we are miles apart.  I love to chat with her. 


I am thankful that the Canadian Geese brought their babies closer our building that I work in.  They are so darling. 


I am thankful for our cat Tiger.  He is so funny.  He makes me laugh.  The other morning he was watching the news with me. 
Sorry this is such a long post but my I have so much to be thankful for.

Blessings
Janet

4 comments:

Linda said...

Janet....I am glad that you had a nice Mother's Day. And OMGoodness you and your mom look so much alike! (You are just a younger version of her!)

Those flowers are so pretty in the pictures. Glad you got to get together with your friends and you got to talk about knowing Jesus.

Sorry about the grandson's crash on his bike! Poor little guy! I had 7 stitches in my chin when I fell skating when I was about 14. Big ouch!

Thankful that you had a good mamogram...sorry about the little friend dying...but glad she is with Jesus.

Our little 6yr. old Granddaughter went to be with Jesus 6 years ago. We have missed her so much! But yes..we will for sure see her again!

Love, Linda

grammy said...

Wow...great pictures and thankful list...it made me smile, laugh and cringe...that chin picture...ouch.
It would have been so hard to explain the passing out by the toilet...then what if your head went in the toilet...oh my....silliness.

Sister Susie said...

Hi Janet!
Sorry, I have not be "on-line" for the last few days!

I've been so tired when I get home, I just plop and go to sleep for an hour or so!

Your pictures have such beauty. I can't begin to understand how those that are color blind can not enjoy the beauty of colors in this world!

I understand your "mishap" in the bathroom, but I've never tried flushing my toilet with my forehead, ha!

10 school days to go! I've had people ask me what I'm going to do, to which I reply, "I'll probably get caught up on my sleep, ha!"

Take care, there are severn thunderstorms coming and I hear the thunder. I shouldn't be on the computer!!

Love to you and yours,
Susan

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
what a wonderful list of thankfuls,
and love all your pics too.\
that is so funny about your cat watching tv with you. Animals are just such a riot sometimes. Joey used to watch animals on tv if she heard them. Too Cute!
So sorry to hear about the lil girl with cancer, course, I know she is with Jesus but I am sure her parents are broken hearted, bless their sweet hearts!!
I read this last week, just never had time to comment.
Hope your head is better by now,
no more flushing the potty with your head!! lol
Blessings sweet friend,
nellie