Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Snapshot of my heart



A snapshot of my heart.  I love what those words say.  I heard those words yesterday morning on the way to work on the radio station KLOVE (my favorite Christian radio station) 

When  I got up yesterday morning I found a copy of  "Our daily bread"  opened that Marvin had left on the counter for me to read.    Here is what it said

I’ve been amazed at the impact that my wife, Martie, has had on the lives of our kids. Very few roles demand the kind of unconditional, self-sacrificing perseverance and commitment as that of motherhood. I know for certain that my character and faith have been shaped and molded by my mom, Corabelle. Let’s face it, where would we be without our wives and mothers?
It reminds me of one of my favorite memories in sports history. Phil Mickelson walked up the 18th fairway at the Masters Golf Tournament in 2010 after his final putt to clinch one of golf’s most coveted prizes for the third time. But it wasn’t his victory leap on the green that had an impact on me. It was when he made a beeline through the crowd to his wife, who was battling life-threatening cancer. They embraced, and the camera caught a tear running down Phil’s cheek as he held his wife close for a long time.
Our wives need to experience the kind of sacrificial, selfless love that has been shown to us by the Lover of our souls. As Paul put it, “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her” (Eph. 5:25). Prizes come and go, but it’s the people you love—and who love you—that matter most.

A man who finds a godly wife
Is blest beyond compare;
She is his greatest prize in life—
A treasure rich and rare. —D. De Haan
Life is not about the prizes we win, but the people we love.

Now you can imagine that it made me cry.  I reread it  and was overjoyed of it message.  I just knew it was going to be a great day.   Well you know how Satan likes to interfere with your plans.   I got to work and said my morning work prayers and started my day.  I was going good for about 30 minutes until my computer went crazy.   I had a virus.  I was lucky that our MIS department was able to get in my computer and clean it up.  Yesterday was a deadline day and I was in quite a panic.  However I was determined not to let this ruin my day.   In the end I made sure I had a great day!

Now for my thankfuls

1.  I am thankful that because of all the hype last week about judgement day I was able to talk about Jesus and what the bible said about the no one knowing the end except for God.  I think that some people were really scared and this may have led several people to the bible and back to Church again.

2.  I am thankful that my daughter Jennifer headaches went away.  She believes that she was drinking to much of a drink that contained artificial sweetener.  Once she stopped drinking it her headaches went away.

3.  I am thankful that the storms were not any worse than they have been in the Midwest.  What terrible destruction.  My heart goes out to those who have experienced so much loss.  I pray that God gives them the strength to continue on and rebuild their lives.  I am so scared of storms and coming from Nebraska I know what it feels like to take cover and pray.

4.  I am thankful for my family.  I just can't say enough.  I really enjoy any time I can talk to or spend time with my family.  I have been so blessed. 

I am going to end there since this post is getting to long,

Have a blessed day!
Janet



3 comments:

Sister Susie said...

When I heard the "news" reporting this man's prediction, I could only pray for him. Jesus Himself said no one but His Father in Heaven knew the day and time. We would only know about its approach due to the increase of the signs He gave to His disciples.

I haven't had any problems with Equal, but I can't use Sugar Twin. It causes me indigestion.

I could only cringe when I heard about the new tornadoes! I pray every day the LORD will show His will and purpose to these people. It makes me pray we aren't in for a bad hurricane season!

FAMILY-Oh, my LORD Jesus, I thank Him so much for Family. Not just my immediate, but for my extended as well as family of friends that we have become so close as if we were family! You, being included in this too, Janet! GOD is so Good that His Holy Spirit brings us all together in such love, joy, and having enjoyment with one another in a world that could learn more about this miracle of GOD.

Thank you for sharing your Thankful Thursday!

Love, Susan

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
what a sweet read hubby left you, I am sure it did make you cry because I am sure you have quite an influence on your kids and hubby.
That devotional said a lot about Marvins heart!!! Sweet man!!

Nice list of thankfuls my dear, and I am thankful that the Lord brought you into my path, cause you are a sweetie and always bring a smile to my face when you come by.

Blessings for a great long weekend,
Love ya, Nellie

grammy said...

Beautiful post. Nice devotion left out for you to read....I am sure my guy would have left it with no note or even mention it later...I would just know what he was saying and he counted on that....men....got to love them.
Great thankful list. My husband gets headaches from sweetener....but he can use Truvia with no side effects.