Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mothers Day Mom


This is my mom, Ruth Marie. Isn't she beautiful? I bet she never realized when she had this photo taken what her life had in store for her. She has been on quite a journey. Some sad but mostly full of joy. God gave me this mom for a reason. She is been there for me anytime I need her even though we live miles a part. She is a true gift from God. I am one of six. There is Joyce, Me, Joan, Scott (whom she gave back to Jesus when he was a few days old) Danny and David. She is a grandmother of 13 (Adam a grandson lives with Jesus too)   She is a great grandmother of 11. Her blessings are overflowing and she continues to be a blessings to many. I am so proud to call her my mom. I love you mom, you have been such a blessing to me. You were and continue to be a great example to teach me how to be a great person.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Your mom sounds wonderful!

That is a lovely picture of her from days gone by!

I am glad you still have her Janet. And I hope both of you will have a special Mother's Day!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
What a lovely tribute to your Mom,
and what a blessing that she has always been there for you, and you still have her!!

She was a very pretty young woman,
and I bet she is still pretty today.

Hope you have a Sweet and Lovely Mother's Day cause you have learned from the best how to be a good Mom,
Love and Blessings, Nellie

JillAileenJones said...

Beautiful mom! A very sweet tribute to her too. I hope you have a blessed Mother's Day!
Hugs
Jill

Sister Susie said...

How wonderful our moms are! I know she means so much to you as my mom did for me, and still does.

Thanks, Janet for sharing your mom's picture. What is the saying, "A picture speaks a thousand words."

I know you had a great Mother's Day because of the great mom you are to you children and grandchildren.

Love and hugs to you and yours,
Susan