Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Issues of my heart

I am pouring out some issues of my heart that I have been working on lately.   Believe me I have been praying for these solutions. 

Everyone goes through daily situations sometimes stressful and sometimes joyful.   I am trying to change my negative to a positive during my bad situations.  I am learning to make the most out of that situation and move on.   I am learning to let God take the control.   It is so hard for me because I am a control person.
While I am waiting I am working on my practice and perseverance too.   God wants us to do this and learn how to wait.   It is so hard isn’t it?   God expects us to trust him and not question why things happen the way they do.

Looking at what I have instead of what I don't have is also something that has helped me through my spiritual growth. 

Marvin asked me why I am so cheerful.   It is so much better to be cheerful than not.   It makes me feel
better too.   The good news is that God has promised us eternity and  he has given us a small glimpse of what is to come in Heaven.   We need to listen and open our eyes.  Take time to enjoy the beautiful sunrises and sunsets, listening to the birds sing, listening to songs of worship and praise are just a few.    It is so good to be "high" on life. 

My ultimate goal while I am waiting is if some one asked one thing about me they said "she has a beautiful heart".  

Blessings
Janet

10 comments:

grammy said...

We might as well LET god have control... because he does anyway (o:
but I agree that it is hard to let go...
not sure what negatives you are going through...but it is never an easy time.
I so enjoy being around a person that sees things like 'the glass half full' instead of 'half empty'.
I think all of us steer clear of the hoo humm person if we can.
Keep praying and looking to him. By the way I need to work on those things too.

Linda said...

Good outlook on life Janet! Dwelling on the positive and not on the negative.

Yes, it is hard to wait sometimes...but so worth it when we see what God can do.

I love a beautiful sunrise or sunset...and I love listening to the birds singing too. You are right..it is good to be 'high on life"!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Sister Susie said...

It is so easy to let down our "guard." I know, I have done so too! But, just as you say, when we let our GOD consume out hearts, He is the joy of everything!

Thank you, Bonnie, for reminding me of this again!

Love in our LORD,
Susan

Alleluiabelle said...

Dear Janet,

You absolutely do have such a beautiful heart. Your words here and your pictures capture who you are as best it can through the cyber world.

Thank you for continuing to be such a faith-filled sister. Your pictures exude how much you love your husband and family...that is so very beautiful too.

I love your heart for the Lord. I come by often to read about your life. Thank you for always stopping in to visit and your prayers for my family. That means more to me than you know. My prayers are being said for you as well.

Have a blessed day dear friend.

Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

NanaNor's said...

Dear Janet, You have a wonderful heart that shows Jesus is all that you do. I don't know whether you've read it but Ann Voscamp has a book called One Thousand Gifts and it changes our perspective if we let it. Blessings to you dear friend-thank you for always loving on me and encouraging me.
Hugs, Noreen

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Morning Janet,
What a great post this is!!
This post could truly be in a devotional book, it was wonderful.
and you know what I have seen the changes the Lord has made in you,
and it is awesome!
It is so much better to be cheerful
and people like to be around us more too!! lol
In talking about control - you are right it takes us years to turn our control over to God. I read somewhere in the last few years and it really made an impression on me,
that when we are born we have no control over who are parents will be, or if we are boy or girl, or what our personality will be, or where we will be born, or what country we will live, so what makes us think we have control of other things!! Ahhh, so true when you really think about it, Good News really, the quicker we let go and get our hands off or things the quicker God can fix them!!
That was an annointed post my friend,
Love ya hon, Nellie

Faithful Mama said...

So happy you found me, and now I'm happy that I can also read about you! :D Love that you guys are Ducks fans! We now live on the opposite coast, but a few years ago our family lived in St. Helens, OR :) All of my family still lives in and around Portland and Salem so we love the Ducks too! :D--S (and this is a very nice post!)

Rebecca said...

Janet, that really is a beautiful goal - to have a beautiful heart. I am encouraged and inspired by your determination and pray that you continue to recognize the blessings of God all around you -- DAILY!

Thanks for visiting me!

Sister Susie said...

Hi, again! Thanks for visiting my blog! The picture you saw of me caught me with my eyes closing (or opening, which ever, ha!)

Yes, I'm retiring! June 1st is my last day. I have already had two previous parents come to me in the last week saying they were going to request me next year. I was so sorry I had to tell them I was retiring.

I am now thinking of things to keep me busy as well as looking for some part time work (away from education!) I could substitute, if I needed; but after 34 years, I'm ready to do something else!

Take care, I'm looking forward to your next blog!

Love to you and yours,
Susan

Sister Susie said...

SORRY!!!! I just realized in my first comment I called you Bonnie! I had just come from her blog! I'm sorry, Janet!

Susan