Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thankful Thursday


I am thankful that my 4 year old granddaughter Morgan is finally feeling better.  She had been sick for several days.

I am thankful that we got to skype with my Georgia family last Monday.  It was so cute.  Emma sang and danced for us.  She is going to be in a play so she was showing us what she had learned.  Logan was being a stinker and kept trying to get in the picture while Emma was dancing.  He did sing his ABC's twice for us but neither Emma nor Logan really wanted to talk. 





I am thankful that we got a letter from our African granddaughter Brenda.  In her letter they wrote that for the birthday money we sent her they (Compassion International) bought her a new dress, a petticoat, cooking oil, beans and sweets.  It broke my heart that she did not get a toy.  She is only 8 years old.  They decide what the child needs the most and it was basic needs except for the sweets. 

I am thankful that I got to watch "Tammy and the Bachelor" with Debbie Reynolds.  I love all the Tammy movies with Sandra Dee too.  Give me a Doris Day movie and I will be even happier. 

I am thankful last week in Church when we were serving there were substitutes since we had some people absent on our Diaconate team. I really got aquainted with some people that I did not know. What a blessing



I am thankful for the Candian Geese and Ducks that entertain me outside my work window.  The Geese are so loud sometimes and they really don't care about all the cars.  This week I have seen a  a male and a female.  Tuesday I saw the female I didn't see the male.  I finally saw him he was several steps behind her just looking around. 

I am thankful for email.  My daughter Holly and talk a lot that way throughout the day. 

I am thankkful for my CD that I bought in Georgia by Jen Mozely.  I love that CD and listen to it every morning on the way to work. 


I am thankful for the book "40 Days with Jesus"  It is a small book provided by our church that we are all reading together.  It is written as though Jesus is speaking to you personally.  This book is a treasure and I am sure I will read it several times. 

Lastly I am thankful that Max our dog finally stopped sneezing at 3 am this morning.  I think he sneezed about 50 times in a row.  Poor thing.  I wonder if he has allergies.

Blessings
Janet


2 comments:

Sister Susie said...

Time with family is such a blessing! I am so thankful you had a great time!

I do so love to watch the wildlife around me too. Now the hawks are gliding around the lakes calling out to their mates with whistles and squeals. Once the babies are in the nest, they then too use the same calls to be fed!

Love and hugs to you and yours,
Susan

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
what a wonderful list of thankfuls,
so glad your grandson is feeling better. Thanks for coming by tonight,
so great to hear you are going to
Victoria BC with Holly and Rick, that is so nice they asked you guys to go.
That shows they love being with you guys. So sweet!

I have never seen a canadian geese up close, only in pics, but I think they are so pretty.

On Tuesday (my birthday) we had a
Vulture sitting on the fence next door, and I jokingly said to Jimmy,
hope that isn't a bad omen.....
and he said, he heard there was
someone turning 59 today!! lol
We have never had one near our house, we usually see them circling in the sky, but there were actually 3 more on the ground eating something, a bigger brown bunny, probably the Mom, and Molly had been out all night cause Joey was here, so I suspect it might have been her again, just glad she didn't bring it on the porch again.

Now I know why I haven't seen any
brown bunnies for years, she has probably been killing them all for years. Wonderful!!

Thanks again for that sweet birthday card, such a lovely surprise and for all your well wishes. So enjoyed you Thankful
Thursday and the pretty pic too!
Love and Blessings hon,
Nellie