Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for my family.  Last weekend was spent with our grands Kayla and Morgan all day long.  We were exhausted but loved every minute of it.  I have some more funnies to post later on about what they said. 


I am thankful that our roof is NOT leaking.  We have had very heavy rain and strong winds.

I am thankful for Michelle (I love you) that cuts my hair.  Her and I have such a wonderful time chatting while she cuts my hair.

I am thankful for the wonderful concert that we attended Sunday at Church.  Michelle and Dan have the most wonderful voices that lifted my heart. 

I am thankful that a friend came to me to ask me to pray for someone.  I am so glad she comes to me. 
I am thankful for these
I got a surprise in the mail yesterday from Kayla and Morgan with beautiful pictures.  Nothing makes me happier than having their creations. 

I am thankful for some good books and movies that have been recommended by my Blogger friends.

I am thankful for all the prayer warriors out there.  Jesus know who you are. 

I am thankful for a new BLOG that I have found about a couple that were formally Amish.  She BLOGS about her past.  It is like reading a novel and I love it.  Be sure to go by and check it out http://ajoyfulchaos.blogspot.com/

I am thankful for all the emails and call my from children.  They are never to old to talk to their mom. 

I am thankful about our upcoming trip to Georgia.  I will have plenty of postings when I get back to share with you.  

I am thankful that my sister in law Lorene is recovering well from her surgery.  We are praying that she has another medical issue resolved soon. 

I am thankful for my new camera that I got last week at Costco.  I am learning how to use it.  I think I should have got it sooner.  I am having a little issue with the time so I have to figure it out.  The manual came on a CD and was a whopping 220 pages.  That is really scaring me.  It is not even a fancy camera. 

I am thankful that my friend Susie is feeling better from her back spasms. 

I am thankful that my friend Diane is continuing to recover from her illness that caused her to have a stroke. 

I am thankful that I heard from a co-worker that his 15 year old daughter Ryan is recovering from Lymphoma and is doing well. 

Have a good Thursday and remember to Seize your day! 
Janet



2 comments:

Sister Susie said...

It is so uplifting to read your Thankful Thursday list. It reminds me of things I take for granted and need to thank my LORD for also!

I have listed in my daily prayer book those friends and family you have mentioned!

Thank you for your prayers. My back is indeed getting so much better. It taught me a lesson that good health is the greatest blessing of all! All my gripes and complaints were null and void when all I could focus on was the pain!

Your grandchildren's art work is precious! I have several of my kindergartners that during their free time, they draw and color pictures for me rather than playing in other centers of choice!
It is very comforting to see their sharing of feelings for me in their wanting to make something for me! Many have written, "I love you." I have their art work displayed all over our room!

Love and hugs to you and yours,
Susan

grammy said...

I am thankful for the Grands art work too...thus I still have the funny hearts they made. Guess we should do shamrock art now (o:
I am going to try the blog you mentioned. I read all of Beverly Lewis's books (o: this might be better.