Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday


1.  I am thankful for our Diaconate team at Church.  Last week was our week to serve and at the last minute we found out our leader was sick so Marvin and I were asked to lead.  Our team is so great and we all work so well together so they made our job easy. 

2.  I am thankful for a good dentist appointment yesterday.  I got my permanent crown and a filling.  It wasn't as bad as I thought.

3.  I am thankful for the all the Valentine surprises that Marvin gave me.  We have known each other for 34 years and our love just continues to grow.  Of course we have to work on it now and then but since we have gotten closer to the Lord our love has flourished. 

4.  I am thankful that I have been doing well on my personal project that I am calling Nproject.  I named it that because my friend Nellie suggested what I should do to resolve this issue.

5.  I am thankful for my son Jeremy.  He is a great husband and daddy.  He even let 7 year old Kayla paint his toenails.  LOL


6.  I am thankful for programs like The Alaska Gold Rush and Flying Wild Alaska are on TV.  Marvin and I love to watch these shows together and have seen the beauty of the state of Alaska.

7.  I am thankful that I remembered yesterday that I had written two checks but forgot to pay the bills.  I don't want any late payments.

8.  I am thankful that my mom called Tuesday night and we got to chat. 

9.  I am thankful that the roads are not slick this morning.  We are in a weird weather system that may produce snow. 

10.  I am thankful that one day earlier this week all three of my kids called just to talk to their mom.  What a joy that was to my heart.

Have a Blessed Thursday and be sure to count your blessings today not your problems. 

Janet

5 comments:

Linda said...

Enjoyed your list of thankfulness Janet. Each day is filled with things to be thankful for huh? (:>)

I did a "Thankful" post today too.

I am thankful for my blog friends...
Have a great day!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

grammy said...

Lot of great things to be thankful for (o:
So glad your dentist appointment went well.

Sister Susie said...

Great thankful list, Janet! What thankful prayers we have for our family and friends! I am thankful my stress test (on the dreaded tread mill) went well today. I think my doctor was surprised that I did really good for my age (59) and weight. They almost had me at a run, ha!
Love and hugs to you!
Susan

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Morning Janet,
You did a great job on your thankful list, love the one about your grandaughter painting your sons toenails, that was a riot,
but how sweet of him to allow her to have fun at his expense. He is a good daddy!!
Awww, your nproject, that was sweet.
So how are things going with that by the way, have been meaning to ask, but knew you wouldn't wanta say here, so send me an email if you have time.
You have a Sweet and restful weekend my friend,
Love ya, Nellie

Sara said...

Kayla and I had a good giggle over the pic of Jeremy getting his nails painted. She had such a blast painting them. Neither of us could refuse letting her paint our nails. She had the whole day planned after school. You know how it goes. If the sign is up you must be there. But this time the sign read, "Free nail salon" on her bedroom wall. LOL