Monday, February 7, 2011

Serving the Lord

Last Saturday I decided that I would help with the Concessions at the Oregon Ducks men's basketball game. Our Church mans this concession stand and it benefits the youth. Marvin has really enjoyed working there but I was unsure if I could stand that long and if my back could take it. I had a lot of fun. Because this was my first time I decided to take an easy job; the soda fountain. That way Marvin stood beside me and did the register. It was kind of comical putting Marvin and I together because I like to tell him what and how to do things. But it started out that first he said I was putting to much ice in the cup and then not enough soda. He was driving me crazy because someone would be giving him their order and instead of him punching the order into the register first so you could refer back to it he would just start getting the stuff before they were done ordering and then I couldn’t remember what they said.   But we worked it out and were a great team. What a better way to spend a Saturday with my husband and serving the Lord.
Serving the Lord is something that I have been praying for guidance on how and where to for a while now. I didn’t realize it but I serve the Lord everyday when I go to work, greet someone, listen to someone, ask someone how they are, holding the door open for someone, sharing my food and the list goes on and on. When I work I do have a change in mindset. I say to myself to work at my job as if I was working for the Lord. How great is that? It is so easy to serve our Lord.

Have a blessed Monday!
Janet

4 comments:

grammy said...

Keep being a light and shining for all to see. That light always points back to Jesus (o:
Sounds like you had a fun time at the concession stand.

NanaNor's said...

Greetings Janet, This was such a cute story-especially about working as a team. I'm back home and so glad although we had a wonderful time in Ca. I agree with Pam about your being such a light shining others toward Jesus.
Have a great week.
Noreen

Sister Susie said...

I have been working on asking the LORD for His leadership every moment my mind thinks of Him! I need to think of Him more frequently! It is easy to forget that when I get so busy! I guess I could count that as "team" work.
You think so?
Love and hugs,
Susie

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Morning Janet,
Very nice post, and sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Hubby and I love serving together like that.
You are so right, our whole life is a service to God......actually our first and most important service is serving our family, all that cooking and cleaning and loving we do........
is all counted as service to God.
When we think of life that way, I think it sort of spurs us on, at least it does me. Cause sometimes
the world makes us feel like our lives don't count for much unless we are in the limelight or make a lot of money or are popular, not so with the Lord!! Thank Goodness!
He sees the lil things we do that no one else might notice like matching socks, and scrubbing potties, making beds, and he is saying well done thy good and faithful servant!! I love knowing that. I saw the neatest quote or whatever you would call it on someones blog the other day and I just loved it. Let me go see if I can find it.......be right back!!
I found it. Go over to
http://lifeandgodliness-rebecca.blogspot.com
and look in her right side bar, go all the way down till you see a pic of a stack of blue and white plates, right after that you will read where it says dedicated to my sister-in-law Beth, it is a quote from Lydia Sherman. Don't know who she is.... but loved what she said.
Thanks for your constant encouragment hon, you are a blessing to me,
Nellie