Monday, February 21, 2011

A fun weekend with Holly and Ricky hiking and loving the lambs

Our weekend started by Marvin and I working the Church concession stand on Saturday at the Basketball  game.  Our daughter Holly and her husband Ricky went to the game.  They stopped by and supported us so we could serve them. 

Sunday morning it was up and early to Church.  The sermon was on forgiving and was very good.  Ricky's mom and nephew Kolton attended too.  I was in awe as our family all bowed our heads after we received Communion for our personal prayer of reflection and thanksgiving to our Lord.

After Church we came back home and ate a quick chili dog and headed to Mt. Piscah for hiking.  The temperature was about 40 degree and the wind was cold.

I must say I cannot believe that I am posting these FAT pictures of me but I guess the truth hurts.  I have been so good on the treadmill so I thought it would be a breeze.  This was not the case.
Now you can see I use ski poles.  My son-in-law Ricky brought them for me a couple of years ago and they do help a lot. 
Holly was really good waiting with me while I caught my breath. 

Marvin and I rested at the first bench while the others went all the way to the top.   Going down the hill was easier but i twas hard on the knees.  I was so glad I had the ski poles.  They helped do some arm work too.   This is just the beginning though because we plan to do it again soon. 

After we all down the hill we headed out to Ricky's mom house in the country to see the baby lambs.  I raised sheep to show at the local  fair for 4-H when I was growing up so I could not wait to get my hands on one.  There was twin black ones .
She snuggled right up to me even though she had poo on her feet.  We even baa'd together.  Oh man I want one so bad. 
Holly like babies too! 

The mama sheep was so protective of the male lamb. 
Isn't she cute?  I finally figured out why the mama lamb looked different.  We raised Suffolk lamb sheep (they are white with black faces)   I really want one.   What do you think Marvin? 

It was a great weekend!  Today I am very sore from the walk up the mountain.

Blessings
Janet

4 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
Looks like you had a very fun and different weekend. That looked like quite a steep incline so could see why you would have to stop and catch your breathe at times. Sweet Holly waited with you.
Loved those sweet lil lambs, have never seen any black sheep except in my old nursery rhyme book, you know,
Baa Baa black sheep, have you any wool!! Did you know that one???
and they were only drawings.
Loved the black and white one too,
so different. Bet they would be fun pets. I saw on some show one night where people have businesses and they have tons of lambs and they take them to people houses and turn them loose in the yard to clear it out. They can eat a lot in a few days when you have a dozen or so. Amazing!! cool Idea I have to say.
I know what you mean about being in church and having family there with you, it is just the sweetest blessing in the world. God is good.
Well, you have a terrific Tuesday
my dear,
Love ya, Nellie

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Your daughter and son-in-law are so cute together and look very happy,
and I am sure that makes you and Marvin very happy to say the least.
bye now,
but forgot to say it and remembered as I was about to leave this page.
Blessings,Nellie

grammy said...

What a great walk (o:
I use a pole to and it does help a lot!
Love the cute little lambs....awwww how sweet.

Sister Susie said...

I don't think I could wlak uphill very far, ha! I just love the little lambs. Ihave been able to hold those at the petting part of the zoo.

I visited my assistant princicpal's church this past weekend to support him as he was preaching in the service!

Pray for me. I have pulled my back and can hardly walk or sit without the muscle spasms grabbing really severe. I'm going to go to the chiropractor tomorrow.

Blessings to you and yours,
Susie