Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bad Dentist Experience and a Wednesday Surprise

Monday when I went to the dentist for what I thought was a crown replacement was really a broken tooth (that I broke back in October) that needed a crown.  I have had so much Dental work done that after I get through the shots I am just fine.  Have you ever seen one of those needles?  I have because I wanted to .  Anyway the hygienist came into numb me up.  That was a first as I always have the Dentist give me the shots.  So anyway she gave me 2 shots and I swear her hands were shaking.  The Dentist came in and gave me one more shot in the roof of my mouth (okay that is the most horrible one)  Then he gets ready and starts drilling and I jump and scream because the tooth was not numb.  This has never happened to me before.  The Dentist had to take a time out but was very professional and so was his assistant.  He gave me another shot (total now 4 shots) and continued on.  I was fine then because I had Jesus right there with me overseeing everything.  I am glad that is done for now until I go back and get the permanent crown in a couple of weeks and I have to get some more shots.

Yesterday morning my son Jeremy called me and told me he was bring the family down with him to stay at our house while he attended a Managers Meeting.  My daughter in law brought the girls up to see me at work which was so wonderful.  When I got home we decided that would we go eat some BBQ.  We had such a wonderful time.  The girls each drew me a few pictures.  The first one 4 year Morgan drew when we were at the restaurant.  A very colorful pig (since we were eating pork)



The next one is a cute one that Kayla drew for me of my 15 year old baby kitty.

I think she did a good job.  Here is a real picture of my baby kitty aka McKenzie.  She was kind of crabby in this picture

In the restaurant Kayla also drew me this beautiful flower with a butterfly. 

I had the most amazing time last night with my family.  Even though we did not have a lot of time we made the most out of the time we had.

Blessings
Janet

3 comments:

grammy said...

Oh man...I have had dentist times like that. So now I have near paic attacks. Sorry that happened.
Love your surprise and pictures.
The cat one needs to be framed. Heart in the furr...how sweet. The tail makes me laugh...kind of a disconnect going on there. So precious.

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
So glad you are getting over that awful sinus infection, and so glad you didn't get hurt badly in your dental experience. That is quite shocking when something like that happens, not fun for sure!! and then makes you a bit wary for them to do anything else.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your son's family. Cute pics they make for you! She did do a good job on the kitty, certainly the right colors.
It is such a joy to have such close bonds with your children, yet have them be so independent at the same time.
I am sitting here so full of anticipation and excitement and you are the first person I get to tell.
Not sure if it means anything or not yet, but hubby got a job referral from his boss this morning and it is for a job at a Christian ministry and they are asking for the same thing he is working on for a business!! Interesting I would say! and we are familiar with the ministry and it would not be a long commute. The job was just posted yesterday, so we will see, but we have been praying about what to do now that my daughter is wanting to get married this year....they have been planning to pay for it themselves and we haven't been concerned about it cause they hadn't picked a date or anything and we were just hoping we would be at a better time financially by the time it came, but we both are feeling the Lord is telling us to help her, and we are just asking now how, do you want us to use our retirement $$ or what?? So maybe it is gonna be this job!! Who knows! but we are so excited right now!! I will keep you posted!!
Have a great day hon,
Love ya, Nellie
and what a sweet list of thankfuls,
being thankful every week has revolutionized your life too, hasn't it!!

Sister Susie said...

I'm so glad your dental work is over for now. I never saw the needle until my dentist gave me the shot! I'm so glad today that they have the high powered water pressure drills. I hated years ago when they would drill. Even though I couldn't feel it, the noise rattled my head, but now that's not the case anymore, thank the LORD!

You are greatly blessed with your children and grandchildren. Their art work is surely a keep sake!

Thank you for your encouraging comments on my blog!
Love to you and yours,
Susie