Friday, January 7, 2011

What we learned from each other during the 12 days of Christmas

This year Marvin and I decided to give gifts for the 12 days of Christmas. We had decided that we would make a card each day that would have the spiritual meaning of each day and then if we could tie it to our lives. It was so hard but I am glad to we listened to the Lord and completed this task. Before I go into what we did each day I want to tell you what we have gained from this experience.


1. We each had to pick up our bible each day. I used bible gateway on the computer. It is easier for me to see it that way and I can find things easier.

2. For me it made me love Marvin even more. My heart was filled with such joy as I read each note every day. His love for God, me and our family are so great and even though I knew this I liked it when he put it on paper in his own words.

3. Time- we had to spend time on it each day. You know when you try to think of something and you just can’t seem to get the right words. It was praying for the right words and experiences that I could relate to in each message.

4. Gifts-we are not big gift givers but it was fun to try to find something even if it was small to give to each other.

5. Discussion-we discussed the meaning each day and since everyone can have different interpretations it was fun to see the others point of view.

So as you can tell this was a wonderful experience. Within the next few days I will be posting some more on the 12 days of Christmas.

Have a blessed day!
Janet

5 comments:

grammy said...

seu53I think it sounds absolutely wonderful. However... I would be the one with the words....hubby not so much. He can't say it and he can't write it. Oh well. I have made peace with that. Funny thing is, his two grown sons are very 'wordy'. They always put great notes in my cards...I love it. I am sure it was a great experience for you (o:

grammy said...

That is really weird that it starts with letters and numbers...Just start at... I

Sister Susie said...

How much this is like our LORD.

1. Our Heavenly Father has given us His Love Letter; the Bible. All we need do to read His daily "card" is pick up His WORD. It's amazing what He has to say to us, even if it were the same scripture, it has something different to say each time we read it.
2. Ephesians 5:25 tells husbands to love their wives as Christ Loves His Church. (I'm sure that also applies to wives as well.) Being near Jim and Nellie, it so overjoys me to see this in their lives. By your testimony I read this is also evident in your lives. Praise our GOD!
3. Time - It's wonderful to see how the LORD can lead you to what your searching for. Sometimes my lap is full with my Bible, a large concordance book, my Thesaurus, and writing pad. I'm so surprised how time seems to slow down when I have a short time to begin with, 45min. to an hour.
4. Gifts - It's awesome to receive gifts when you aren't expecting them! How much more so when you contemplate those you are getting!
5. There's nothing like communication! Our difficulties come when we think we know what another person is thinking.

I pray the LORD will show His Love to you and Marvin as He never has before! Commitment is what life is all about. I have never forgotten a simple concept I was taught as a child: The word JOY says it all. J is for Jesus first, O is for others second, and Y is for yourself last. Not that ourselves are less impotant, but that Jesus and others are more important.

God bless you and Marvin with God's love letters to you and each other!

Love and hugs,
Susie

Anonymous said...

Jesus loves us this we know for the Bible tells us so. Grammy said it best it was a great experience. Sister Susie i like your word JOY i will past that on to friends. Janet my true love with Gods help we will do this again for another 31 years.Thank You. I LOVE YOU Marvin

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
What a great idea that is!!
Glad you obeyed the Lord, cause when we do he always has great things in store for us. Hope I remember this for next year, I would love to try that too!!
You learned some really neat things,
Sweet!
Blessings to you and Marvin,
Love, Nellie