Wednesday, January 26, 2011

An unexpected blessing that made my heart cry of joy.....

I love when my grand kids draw me pictures so I can hang them in my office.  A couple of weeks ago when our grand kids were here I asked 7 year old Kayla to draw me a picture for my office. I brought out all the color books and paper out for her to get to work.   She worked for a while and then handed me the picture she drew for me.   She explained to me that the picture was of Jesus hanging on the cross.  She pointed out that she had even drew the nails.
I was blown away.  Kayla does not attend Church normally unless she goes with us although she did go to 2 years of Christian pre-school at our Church.  I also know she likes her mom to read to her from the Children's bible.  At this point I didn't know if this picture was the one for the office because generally she colors and paints many different pictures.  When they got ready to leave she said "Nana the picture of Jesus is for your office"  again I was caught off guard because in some workplaces you can not display personal items but guess where that picture landed
in my office of course.  I knew that is where it should go.  Let me tell you though I put it on my face book to see what my friends would say and one hundred percent of them said to hang proudly in my office. 

Thank you Kayla for blessing me in the most wonderful way.  I know Kayla has Jesus in her heart and that is the best thing she could ever give me.  I love you Kayla.

5 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Morning Janet,
What a precious pic from Kayla.
That is so neat he was on her mind,
and also that she knew you would like it!! Your light is shining Gram-ma!!

She did a really good job too!
and I like that it proudly hangs in
your office. That could be quite the
conversation piece!!

To know our loved ones know Jesus
well.........it doesn't get any better than that!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better, makes sure not to overdue it tho, so you don't have a relapse.

Have a great day hon, and thanks for your comments on my bath refresh. I had fun doing it and it really only took about 30 mins or so.
Love ya, Nellie

grammy said...

Great story about a little girls faith. So sweet. The people it would bother probably wouldn't get it anyway.

Sister Susie said...

Kayla's picture is one that will be a treasure to share for years. What a testimony each time someone asks about it.

I've been trying to copy your awards, but even after Nellie gave me indepth directions, I guess I'm computer language illiterate! I can save it to my picture file and paste it, but I don't think the one that changes will change. I'll give it another try!!
Take care of those colds,
Love, Susie

Sister Susie said...

Hey, I got it done!! But, my green "click here" is not working
)0:
Susie

lioneagle said...

Hi -

Thank you for sharing this message.

How precious are the child "gifts" from our Lord.