Sunday, January 2, 2011

A fun surprise yesterday

Yesterday started to be a dreaded day to take all the Christmas decorations down.  We have so many.  I knew it was going to take a while.  Marvin and I got up early ate breakfast and started immediately getting the empty boxes and totes down from the attic.  We had been working about 3 hours straight when our daughter Holly called and wanted to chat a bit.  So we took a break and then back at it again.  I was sweating, my hair was a mess and I was dirty.  Then there was a knock at the door and in walks my sweet Holly with a Chai tea in her hand and my birthday present in her car.  What a pleasant surprise.  We visited, she helped get this stuff back up in the attic and then her and Marvin unloaded my birthday present.  Holly gift to me was a beautiful Futon that she had in her bedroom that she wanted to get rid of it.   I told her I wanted it and it would be a great Birthday/Mothers Day gift.  So she stuffed all but the cushion in her car and surprised me.  Below is a picture of  Marvin and Holly working on getting it put together. 

Holly and I took off to go to the Movies and Marvin finished putting it together.  I will post more next week when she brings the cushion down.    I have been so blessed.


In a couple of weeks I will tell you all about my Birthday surprise from Kayla and Morgan.  We got to skype so I could see it but I am going to wait to tell you about it when I have pictures of them.

Also Marvin and I decided for our gift exchange this year to do the 12 days of Christmas.  It has been a wonderful experience and we have grown closer to each other and God.   I also will be blogging about it after we have completed all 12 days.

Have a blessed week!
Janet


4 comments:

JillAileenJones said...

How fun and sweet! Happy Birthday!!! Can't wait to see the other posts too.
Happy New Year too.
Hugs
Jill

Sister Susie said...

I can hardly wait! I can't believe two weeks have gone so fast! I'm so glad I met one of my kindergarten teacher friends in Office Depot on Saturday. I didn't think we went back to school until Tuesday. When she said, "No, we go back on Monday!" I thought she was teasing me! When she said she was serious, I told her the LORD had just this reason for us to meet! I had though all throughout the break that I was to go back on Tuesday! I can hardly wait for your pictures of your "12 Days of Christmas!"
Love and hugs to you,
Susie

Sue said...

What a wonderful surprise Janet, and I am glad you got the decorations down and put away. Ours is still up due to a sinus infection and vertigo. lol I had planned to have it all put away before the new year but not so.
Praying many continued blessings on you and your family this new year.
Blessings,
Sue

grammy said...

Happy Birthday...late (o:
Sounds great.
I can't wait to hear more about the 12 days of Christmas. The futon sounds great. I am over loaded with furniture right now...moving things around to accommodate a family moving in...I wonder where it all from???