Sunday, January 9, 2011

The First day of Christmas

A Partridge in A Pear Tree

The Partridge in a pear tree is Jesus the Christ, the son of God whose birthday we celebrate on December 25th the first day of Christmas.

The 1st Day of Christmas Marvin gave to me
this photo album and found pictures each day to put it in.  He wrote me note that was full of firsts.  Even though I knew that he loved me he proclaimed this in a note he wrote to me about the first day I came into his life.  What a wonderful memory.

The first picture that went into the book was our wedding picture that appeared in the local paper
My gift to Marvin was in combination gifts from Holly since she found this great website.  So I got Marvin the shirt below
A perfect gift for Marvin the Corn husker lover.......(I love them too)
My note to him was to Celebrate the Lords birth with Love and Joy by giving a gift.

As you can tell we our interpretations were different but alike.   I love that we were able to express our feelings. 

Still to come the 2nd day of Christmas

Have a Blessed day!
Janet

4 comments:

grammy said...

What a great gift to each other and a way to express your love (o:

NanaNor's said...

Hi there friend, Loved seeing the photo album your hubby gave you-and we must have been married about the same year(we got married in '78)because white tux's were really in. Loved what you got him.
Have a blessed week.
Hugs, Noreen

Sister Susie said...

What wonderful gifts! I enlarged your wedding picture! You are such a loving couple!!

When I read Marvin's shirt, I got tongue tied, but finally got it on the third try (3's the charm, ha!)
It almost sounded like the word for the paper folding technique. I think that's why my tongue tangled, ha!

Living in the Keys, I was always for the Miami Hurricanes. Moving up to central Florida, my nephew made me a "Gator" fan!

I can hardly wait for tomorrow's
2nd day of Christmas!!
Love and hugs,
Susie

Sue said...

What a sweet post, Janet. Isn't it amazing how our dhs are always surprising us. Your wedding picture is precious, and what wonderful memories you will put in your album. I have oddles and noodles of photos that need to find their permanent place in an album.
Looking for ward to the 2nd day of Christmas.
Hugs,
Sue