Monday, January 17, 2011

8th and 9th day of Christmas

8th day of Christmas January 1st
8 Maids of Milking
The eight Beatitudes Matthew 5:3-10

 Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Marvin's note to me was about the New Year.  He referenced Gods guidance in the past gives courage for the future.

This picture below was when we were on our cruise in October of 2000

And the other picture is Marvin and I making Almond Crunch for Christmas in 2002
My note to Marvin was about the New Year and that he feel God's presence in his life everyday.

9th Day of Christmas January 2nd
9 ladies dancing
The nine fruit of the Holy Spirit

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. 


Marvin's note to me was about doing good to all.  A man reaps what he sows.  The one who sows to please the Spirit will reap eternal life. 


This picture is when we were at Lake Tahoe 
My note to Marvin was about how how he has shown me an example of each of these fruits and that he is a
wonderful man in the Holy Spirit.

Have a blessed day!
Janet

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
Love those pics of yall, so nice.
You both looked so nice all dressed up, and you looked great while you were making that crunch stuff. (forgot what you called it) lol

You guys have had some fun times together huh?? That is the neat thing about marriage sharing all those fun things. What a fun thing of yall doing the 12 days of Christmas thing. Where did you get that idea??
Hope you are doing well. Loved your thankful list - it was great.
Have a Wonderful week ahead hon,
Love ya, Nellie

NanaNor's said...

Dear Janet, What a blessed marriage you and Marvin have-such depth of love resting on Him. Like Nellie, I also love the photos.
I hope Marvin beats the cold-take Mucinex DM and that it passes you by.
Hugs today.
Noreen

Sister Susie said...

I love your pictures! Your joy is surely expressed in your faces.

Eight maids a milking; I wonder if they were old maids like myself, lol! Eight is special for me because mom passed away to be with our LORD this 8th year (in June.)

Nine is special to me because as a nine year old child, late one night I got on my knees beside my bed, in the dark and prayed for the LORD Jesus to save my soul. And, He did!

Love to your and yours,
Susie