Four Calling Birds
"The Four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John which proclaim the Good news of God's reconciliation of the world to himself in Jesus Christ."
On the fourth day of Christmas Marvin's note to me was the love of our four grandchildren.
My note to Marvin was a reminder of a Bible Study that we took with the late Pastor Gary Wells and how much we learned from him. This man gave us such a gift and we miss him.
Fifth Day of Christmas December 29th
Five Golden Rings
"The first five books of the Old Testament, know as the Torah or the Pentateuch: Genesis, Exodus. Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy, which gives the history of humanity's sinful failure and God's response of grace in the creation of people to be a light to the world."
Marvin's note to me was things that come in 5's. The picture below is me and my brothers and sisters about 15 years ago. From left to right David, Danny, Joan, Janet (that's me) and Joyce.
This picture below is our family of five.
My note to Marvin was some knowledge of the first five books of the old testament.
1. Genesis-Author unknown, the beginning, creation
2. Exodus-Author Moses, story of water from the rock to provide life giving water for the people to drink
3. Leviticus- Author Moses, talks about sacrifices, clean and unclean food, childbirth and disease.
4. Numbers-Author Moses takes place in the wilderness
5. Deuteronomy-Author Moses, the 10 Commandments, Gods Faithfulness, Holiness, blessings and warnings.
Once again I am at loss for what gifts we exchanged. I think at the 12 days of Christmas post I will mention the gifts we received. Because I can not remember I think the notes were much more important that a material item.
Have a blessed day!