Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2nd and 3rd days of Christmas

Second Day of Christmas December 26th

Two Turtle Doves
The Old and New Testaments, which together bear witness to God's self-revelation in history and the creation of  people to tell the Story of God to the world. 

Marvin's note was based on the old (1978 in line waiting to get into prom)

 
and now


My gift to Marvin was an email with a video of a star ornament that his mom made that plays a song.  The only thing I could not get it to play.  I have to get some assistance from our son.  My message referenced a memory. 

 
Third Day of Christmas December 27th

Three French Horns
The Three Theological Virtues:  1)Faith 2)Hope and 3)Love (1 Corinthians (13:13)

 Marvin's note to me represented our three children
1987

not sure the year maybe 1997


I wrote Marvin a personal card that said Faith will carry us through anything, Hope will produce joy and peace, and the love I profess for Jesus and Marvin. 

We cannot remember what our gifts were for these days so they may have been cards or scratch off tickets which we did not win a cent on.  Just little fun gifts. 

Blessings
Janet

4 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
Such a cute idea, and so meaningful
too! It's great to do lil fun things like that cause it can really perk up our relationships with our spouses.
good going girlie!!
Love ya, Nellie

grammy said...

I like it...
such fun and love went into that (o:

Sue said...

I think this is so sweet, and I am enjoying reading about this.
Hugs,
Sue

Sister Susie said...

"Two Turtle Doves" makes me think of #1. When Noah sent out the 1st dove and it came back because there was no place for it to rest.. The 2nd came back with a fig leaf revealing life anew for the world, the animals on the ark, and Noah and his family to replenish the earth. #2. Also, the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove came upon Jesus at His baptism.

The "Three French Horns" makes me think of 1. GOD the Father, 2. GOD the Son, and 3. GOD the Holy Spirit.

Isn't is awesome how our GOD flows from others into us!

I love your pictures of then and now. The smiles and expressions on all of your faces declare your joy!

Love to you all,
Susan