Thursday, January 20, 2011

12th Day of Christmas

The Twelfth Day is January 5th, the last day of the Christmas Season before Epiphany (January 6th).
Twelve Drummers Drumming

The twelve points of doctrine in the Apostles' Creed: 1) I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth. 2) I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord. 3) He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. 4) He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell [the grave]. 5) On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. 6) He will come again to judge the living and the dead. 7) I believe in the Holy Spirit, 8) the holy catholic Church, 9) the communion of saints, 10) the forgiveness of sins, 11) the resurrection of the body, 12) and life everlasting.


Marvin's note to me was in reference to God having control and since he does we should have trust him completely. 


This first picture is with us and all four grandchildren, 

This second picture is with our adult children and their spouses meeting for meal.  . 


My note to Marvin was a wrap up of this time we spent writing notes to each other.  I told him that we could get through anything with Jesus at our sides.
 
 
Marvin bought me several gifts,  My favorites are the photo album that he made for me, slippers and a tool box.  Tonight he just brought me home something I said I wanted yesterday (a needle nose pliers).  I also got a thing you put in the shower to wash your feet.  I still have not tried it.  Like I said earlier the notes were the best part. 
 
I bought Marvin. a couple of new shirts for church, a t shirt, a Los Angeles Lakers calendar,  A poker book, and many scratch off tickets (all losers).  Marvin did put in his last note that he did not want to do this again. 

Although this is end of the 12 days of Christmas I am anxious to tell you what we have been doing the last few weeks.
 
Blessings!
 
Janet

4 comments:

grammy said...

I love it all
you guys should continue to write each other notes...how fun that would be.

Sister Susie said...

12 IS an important number for GOD. He has His 12 tribes (Israel, Judah) His 12 Apostles (Paul replaced the betrayer, Judas Iscariot) The 24 Elders around the Throne which is 2 sets of 12. The 12 months for this earth's year. I'm sure if I looked I could find many more!

I surely hope Marvin changes his mind and will do this again next year! Afterall, he has a whole year to think and collect for it, ha!

Thanks for sharing your love for one another!
Love, Susie

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
Hope you are starting to feel a bit better, and that you have at least been able to enjoy your time at home some.
Love those pics. So cute with the grandies, and very nice with your adult family. Outback right???
It looks familiar!!
We love love love Outback!
Anyway, I grew up saying the apostles creed in church every Sunday as a child. I went to the Methodist Church with my neighbors.
I have very fond memories of that.
Can't wait to hear what you guys have been up to now!! lol
Thanks for your nice comments on Scott and Megans picture, I really love that picture, course all of them were good and some so cute.
there is one that looks like he is whispering to her and she is just smiling so big, so cute!!
Well, You have a Wonderful Weekend,
Love ya hon, Nellie

Sister Susie said...

Thank you, Janet for visiting my blog. I surely hope you are getting over the flu. It's bad enough to have the cold weather, without having a cold and flu too!
I'm praying for you to get well.
It's so great to have your friendship and sharing blogs. It's like having a sister I never had!!
Love, Susie