Tuesday, January 18, 2011

10th and 11th day of Christmas

10th day of Christmas January 3rd
10 Lords of Leaping
The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:1-17)

And God spoke all these words:
1 You shall have no other gods before[a] me.
2. Do not make an idol
3. Do not take Gods name in vain
4. Remember the Sabbath Day
5. Honor your father and mother
6. Do not murder
7. Do not commit adultery
8.  Do not steal
9.  Do not bear false witness
10.  Do not covet
 
This is a random picture one year and Halloween.  I had fake nails that year so that is why I was holding my hands up.
 
 
My note to Marvin was that the meanings of the commandments are much more than the words. 
 
11th day of Christmas  January 4th
11 Pipers Piping
The 11 Faithful Apostles
 
Simon Peter, Andrew, James, John, Phillip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas,  James bar Aplhaeus, Simon the Zealot, Judus bar James. 
 
Marvin's note to me was about the 12th man Judas who betrayed Jesus.  He also listed some verses 1. Love your enemies.2. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.  3. Give and it will be given to you.
4. Forgive and you will be forgiven.  5.  Do not judge and you will not be judged.
 
The first picture below is with granddaughters Kayla and Morgan at the coast
 
The second picture is with grand kids Emma and Logan
 
My note to Marvin was a reminder of God Faithful Apostles.  They were chosen by Jesus to preach the Gospel.
 
Also some interesting facts I learned while reading an Amish Christmas Novel.  The Amish do not decorate for Christmas but they do celebrate the Birth of Christ.  This is done on December 25th and this day is also filled will prayer and meditation and sometimes they even fast.   On December 26th the second day of Christmas is for gift giving. 

In a couple of days I will finish off the 12 days of Christmas with the 12th and final and day.  I will then share some of the gifts that we exchanged.

Blessings!
Janet

2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Morning Janet,
Hope you guys are feeling better by today. I am still a bit achy otherwise I feel fine, not quite sure what all this achyness is about.
Loved your costumes!! Did you make those yourself??? Great idea!

Loved your 10 and 11th days of Christmas meanings! The Lord really gave you a lot of neat things.

Great pics of yall with the grandies.

That is so neat your Pastor wants you to share that with your congregation. I am sure you would do a fine job.
You have a Wonderful day dear,
Love ya, Nellie
Oh Yea, and
Good for you about the worrying!!

Sister Susie said...

The LORD has a wonderous amazement with how numbers play such an important part in His WORD.

I like your card! I thought you were going to say, "...my true love gave to me...'an ace in the hole!' " Meaning; you'll always be there for each other!

Waiting for day 12!
Love, Susie