Saturday, December 18, 2010

How many days until Christmas

Can you believe it?  I still have some shopping for the hard to buy for people.  (you know who you are J,S,H)  Anyway today will be filled with baking and making some Christmas candy to share with family and friends. 

Recently I have reflected back to my first Christmas that Marvin and I married were in 1979.  I was pregnant with Jennifer and excited for new beginnings.  At the age of 19 I wanted to be creative (which I am not) but that first year I wanted to make something for the tree.  So I headed out to our local department store Pamida and found some ornament cutouts.  To this day I still have these on my tree and I treasure them more than any other ornaments I have. 
Also I have has these 3 little angels for years.  To me they represent my sisters Joyce, Joan and me.  We had so many good Christmas memories growing up.  Our parents made Christmas such a magical time of the year. 

Don't we look like angels when we were little
Joyce, Joan and Janet (me)

It is so fun to look at pictures when we were small. 
 Relax, Enjoy and have a Merry Christmas!

Blessings
Janet


4 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
Loved your lil angels that remind you of you and your siblings, how sweet,
and what an adorable picture of the 3 of you.
Hope you had fun baking today. I have really been having fun baking and making candy and stuff, since I haven't done all that much shopping,
it has been really fun making all these things, and so far, those that have rec'd them seem to really have enjoyed them.
All the ornaments you made were so cute too. Don't you just love the memories attached to all that, I really do!!
Thanks for coming by today and for
your thankful list, it was great to read, really enjoyed it!!
I can't wait for next weeks list,
cause the last few days we have had some neat things happen. An old and dear friend of 40 years was healed of breast cancer, I just heard tonight and I am so elated I feel like I need to be scraped off the ceiling!! lol We have been praying for her daily, she is just the most wonderful person and so funny!! So it couldn't have happened to a better person.
Well, enjoy baking and eating,
Love ya, Nellie
Susan was here tonight and said she
sent you her address. So guess you have it now.
Blessings for a Christmas full of love, joy and peace!
Nellie

grammy said...

love the homemade ornaments
you were very young (o:
I was a month away from being 21 when we got married. So old and mature...lol
So what are you getting for those hard to get people?
I need ideas (o:

grammy said...

Oh...I forgot to say how sweet the angel sisters looked (o: J, J and J

Sister Susie said...

I love your angels! (You know, the ones sitting on the floor!) I have to post this quick or my computer may freeze up!
Love you,
Susie