Friday, December 31, 2010

Birthday Memories

Today is my Birthday.  I am getting a massage later this morning and Marvin is taking me to lunch.  I am so excited and it is a day off from work.    

Yesterday when I got to work the girls had decorated my office.   They are so creative.  Look at the snowflakes!   We had a yummy cake and I got some awesome gifts.  We all went out to eat. which is a treat for all of us.  Then back to work and early dismissal.  I love the people I work with.....They made my day special. 



When I got home My granddaughter Emma and my daughter from Jennifer called from Georgia.  They wanted me to open my birthday present.  Emma sang me Happy Birthday.  This gift is so perfect.  I love it. 

I am so blessed and the day is just beginning.  I look forward from a call from my mom (she already sent me a card and money) and my sister Joyce will call too. 

Yesterday was a bittersweet day for me.  My Nephew Adam would have been 31.  We always enjoyed our close birthdays.  I wonder how he celebrated yesterday in Heaven with Jesus. 

Blessings to you all!
Wishing you a Happy Healthy Safe New Year!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Janet!!!!!!

Have a wonder-filled day. It sounds like it has been fun so far.

You are still young...and haven't hit the dreaded 6-0 yet. My last birthday I was dreading turning 60...but it turned out fine and I felt so much love from family and friends.

Thanks for your comment on my post. I have been slow about comments lately with so much going on. But I always appreciate those who take the time to read and comment. And I really do love my blog friends!

Have a very blessed New Year. Isn't it great that tomorrow we all get a new fresh start? (:>)

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

NanaNor's said...

Dear Janet, Firstly Happy Happy Birthday! I've loved getting to know you this year and look forward to sharing life with you in 2011. Have a wonderful birthday and Happy New Year to you and Marvin.
Hugs, Noreen

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Happy Birthday Janet,
Sounds like you have a nice day coming up. A massage sounds wonderful and then lunch with hubby.
Hope you have a wonderful day girlie.
That was so sweet what your friends at work did for you, bet it was a great time, and
Isn't it just so great to hear from those you love anytime but especially on your day!!

Thanks for coming by the last few
days and for your sweet and encouraging comments as always.
You are a huge Blessing to us as well.
Love ya, Nellie

Oh!! and Happy New Year....
maybe it be a Wonderfully blest
year for you and Marvin, and look
forward to sharing life events with you in the New Year!!

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Happy Birthday from Susie!! My computer is still being eaten by viruses! Jim has cleaned it three times!!! I surely miss being on line with you! Happy Birthday again!!! Love and hugs,
Susie

Sister Susie said...

Happy New Year!!! Happy Birthday again! My computer is up and going! I hope it doesn't crash anymore! I'm working to get my new blog. I haven't goten all of my pictures as yet. I wanted to have it for Christmas, but I guess it will have to be for New Years!
Love and hugs,
Susie