Friday, November 26, 2010

A wonderful Day to give Thanks

Our Thanksgiving morning started at 5am with Marvin and I getting the 25 pound turkey in the oven.   Marvin washed the bird while I made the stuffing.  By 5:30 the turkey was stuffed and in the oven. 
Around 7 our daughter Jennifer called
They were headed to a friends house to have a Thanksgiving Dinner.
Logan got on the phone

He sang me the ABC song perfectly.  He said that they were going to "Shells" house to eat and Emma was not going. 
Emma then got on the phone and indeed she was going Logan was just teasing me

She sang the turkey to me.  In this picture she is modeling on her new bedding that she picked out. 
We miss our daughter and her family so much but the call today made my day!
Holly and Ricky had slept at our house and soon they got up and Jeremy, Sara, Kayla and Morgan arrived.  This is what our day looked like.



looking for deals and watching some football
We played candy land and Kayla and Morgan played Doctor on Uncle Ricky and Aunt Holly.  When Sara got ready to snap the picture of us playing candy land Max wanted to join in the fun. 



Kayla stopped to help papa peel, wash and cut the potatoes
 and then it was time to eat




After the feast and the cleanup we took a walk, played Balderdash (I have never laughed so much) my sister Joyce called, I called my mom and I called and talked to my daughter Jennifer again since I missed their presence.  Marvin also called his sister Lorene.    We have been so blessed! 

5 comments:

Sister Susie said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving you had. Your memories will last forever!

I got up my usual time (you know, doggies needing to go out.) I pretty much relaxed, got on my computer. I waited until the last minute to get started preparing my part of Thanksgiving dinner. I peeled about 15 potatoes, cut and placed into several pots to boil to make mashed potatoes. I also made a baked spinach appetizer.

I went down to Jim and Nellie's about 5:00 and we began our fellowship in thanking our LORD for all He has done for us this past year and what he will do for us in the future. Nellie made her delicious party chicken. We had rice, broccoli casserole, green bean casserole, corn, bread, mashed potatoes, gravy and chocolate pecan pie!

We all played Cranium. We had so much fun. I'm not used to eating so much. So, today, I went back to my normal eating habits, ha!

Praise our LORD for His blessings on our families!
Love and hugs,
Susie

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Morning Janet,
Good to see you had such a nice
Thanksgiving. Nothing like being with our children, huh!! Like having them back in the nest even if it is for a short time.
So nice you got to talk with Jennifer twice, she and her children are just beautiful, loved your grandaughters new bedding, so pretty.
Loved the cute pic of Marvin and your grandaughter working in the kitchen, so cute!!
Looks like a very relaxing time!

Our Thanksgiving was great as well.
Loved every minute of it!!
Have a great day hon,
Love and blessings, Nellie

Sue said...

Janet, I was so blessed by reading of your Thanksgiving Day with family, having our family so far away and them not being here really makes me appreciate the times we are together.
You have a beautiful family, and I enjoyed reading about how you started so early, my dh helps me so much when we have company.
Thanks for sharing, and thank you for coming by and taking the time to leave me such a sweet comment.
Blessings,
Sue

grammy said...

Thanksgiving day all over the USA was probably pretty similar to that (o: the ads take up a role that we never really grew up with. We did not even have a newspaper come to think of it (o:
Loved the pictures.

Alleluiabelle said...

What a beautiful time you had with your family. You know how important family is to me and how I love pictures of grandchildren. ;)

I just saw the picture of your wooden swing in the post below this one. We have one outside almost exactly like yours. My husband and I have had many gentle swings and long talks on ours. My mom bought it for us two years before she passed away...it was the perfect gift.

Love you,
Alleluiabelle