Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful that I was able to spend time with my family last Sunday to celebrate an early birthday party for my granddaughter Kayla.

I am thankful after a week of issues that my head, toe and tooth are all better.

I am thankful that our roof is fixed and no more leaks. 

I am thankful for all the rain.  It clears the air and has eliminated my headaches.

I am thankful that yesterday by the grace of God I was not in a car accident.  I had just left work and a truck turned without realizing that I had the right away and I was coming.  I was able to slam on my brakes and then when I started to go again the car in back of that truck did the same thing.  He was able to slam his brakes on.   My heart was pounding so hard. 

I am thankful that my daughter Jennifer and son in law Matt got home safe and sound after the race they ran in on Sunday in DC. 

I am thankful that Marvin is working this week. 

I am thankful that I got to reconnect with a high school friend a couple of years ago.  She lost her battle with cancer last Sunday and now has gone to be with Jesus.

I am thankful that last Sunday when we were coming home from Portland that we got home safely.  We came through very heavy rain and a thunder storm with high winds. 

I am thankful for all my blogging friends that have encouraged and inspired me. 

Blessings
Janet

4 comments:

grammy said...

Great things to be thankful for
I had a great time with two oldest GD last night at the pumpkin Patch...and doing crafts with them and watching a play they put on for me (o:

NanaNor's said...

Hi there Janet, What a wonderful thankful list; such a heart of love you've got. So thankful that you weren't in the accident and I'm thankful for your words that always encourage me!
Hugs, Noreen

Sister Susie said...

I praise our LORD that you are feeling better, especially with all the pain at one time!

I praise our LORD for your joy of family gatherings!

I praise our LORD though your friend is now with him, you will one day in His Kingdom introduce us.

I too praise our LORD for His guidance to new Christian friends we make on our blogs!

Blessings and hugs,
Susie

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
what a great thankful list!!

So thankful you are feeling all better and that the Lord spared you from an accident!!

So enjoyed reading your thankfuls,
very encouraging.
Have a great weekend,
Love ya, Nellie