Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Week with 3 issues

This last week has been full of some pain for me.  It all started with my ingrown toe nail. 

The Ingrown toenail
It is the big toe.  My other big toe had this same problem until I had the nail removed 29 years ago when I was pregnant with my son Jeremy.  That nail never did grow back right.  Weird thing my son has had to have the same thing done to one of his toenails.  Anyway this is how I like to deal with.  I soak it in hot Epsom salts and then I let Marvin do surgery.  I hold my pillow close to my face and bite it while he is working on my toe until I can no longer take it and then I kick him so he will stop.  Sounds amusing huh?  It is after my toe stop throbbing..  Anyway it is time again to have him do surgery.  I am avoiding the Doctor, can you tell?  My toe temporarily stopped hurting because my tooth started to hurt.  

The toothache
After I had my root canal early last spring I had to go back in because my upper tooth above the lower tooth where the root canal was done was too high.  I still have been having problems but I don’t want to go to the dentist.  Lately it has gotten worse, I think because I grind my teeth at night.  Anyway when I bite down on something on that spot it sends a terrible pain though my mouth.  But soon I forgot about my tooth because I had a new pain, I bumped my head.
My head
I was so excited Thursday because we got off early from work because the Oregon Ducks Football Team was having a game and the traffic was going to be heavy.  So since I  got off early  I thought I would whip up my Cauliflower like potato salad.   I put some eggs on to boil and started the cauliflower to cook in Microwave.  I was chopping fresh spices.  I was making a huge mess too.  I was cleaning up as I went rinsing the dishes and putting them in the dishwasher.  Somehow I ended up bumping my head on the corner of the cupboard.  I saw stars and grasped the kitchen counter.  I can remember the Dog was starring at me.  My knees buckled and I was praying I would not pass out.   If I did I don’t remember.  I was able to get up and I lost my balance and was so dizzy.  I grabbed a frozen bag of veggies in the freezer and got to the chair.  Since I was home by myself and my daughter Holly was in town for the game I tried to call her on her cell phone that she had turned off.  She told me yesterday that I left a funny message (that she saved) I guess I said “this is mom, I hit my head, I can’t finish my salad because I can’t find the keys”  That really scared  me a little although I am okay and had a good nights sleep.  My head is much better today. 

Today I just am dealing with a sinus headache......What a week.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

one of my favorite things to do surgery

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Janet,
I am dying laughing over here!!
You are a riot!! So glad your head is okay. You have had a painful
weekend!! Lord bless you!!

So how is your toe and tooth now??? Better I hope!!
Hope the rest of your weekend is safe and sound!!
Love and Blessings, Nellie

Sister Susie said...

I hope no more "dominoe effect" happens to you!! I guess I do need to worry. I find myself talking like your cell phone message and I haven't hit my head, lol!!! I hope you are now better from "toothe" to toe!!
Love and hugs where it doesn't hurt! Susan

Carrie of Farming On Faith said...

I am so with you.
Some weeks are just like that.
Thanks for your sweet comment today!

grammy said...

Oh my goodness
I was cracking up reading this!!!
I have done that with the stupid cupboard to many times...Never felt like passing out but think I saw a few stars... and always reach up there expecting blood (o:
Go to the dentist!! Why go through that pain. Sorry about all your owies (o: